Elko Motor Company is in search of an experienced Controller. We are looking for a dedicated professional with a proven track record in the Accounting/Office Management area. The ideal candidate must be Driven, Energetic, Open Minded with strong Interpersonal Skills and Professionalism.
At Elko Motor Company our goal is to be an industry leader in providing unmatched quality automotive products and service while continually striving to meet the changing needs of our guests. It is our mission to exceed clients’ expectations and maintain their loyalty for a lifetime.
- Organize the financial resources of the dealership; implement necessary controls; maintain accurate records; prepare files for audit. Ensure the data processing capabilities and integrity of information.
- Analyze and decipher financial statements on a regular basis. Complete and prepare financial statements each month.
- Communicate on an on-going basis with the General Manager and Dealer to keep abreast of the cash situation of the business.
- Create and maintain an effective cash management system. Preserve the loss reserves for possible liabilities and trade receivables.
- Ensure that all licenses, property and liability insurance are acquired/renewed; government filing/reporting deadlines are met; all departments are complying with applicable statutes/by-laws.
- PNL reports and analyzing departmental growth
- Report directly to owners on dealership issues / management
- Report filing
- Financial reporting, including budget versus actual tracking
- Cash flow projection reporting
- Insurance & benefits management & review with Human Resources Manager
- Compensation policy compliance
- Financial Statement preparation
- Annual 1099 reporting
- Annual workers compensation audit facilitation
- Oversight and manager of accounting assistants
- Month end closing procedures
- Overseeing the financial and accounting system
- Preparing monthly budgets and financial statements
- Forecasting financial goals for each quarter to maintain the dealership’s profitability
- Reviewing all financial statements and ledgers, and working with the accounting staff to clear up any discrepancies
- Preparing all taxes and filing forms with the government
- Ensures all payroll functions are operational and works cooperatively with Human Resources Manager to handle employee issues as needed
- 2+ Years experience in Accounting
- Accounting Degree (preferred)
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have Valid Drivers License
- Must pass Background Check and Drug Screen
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Work/Life Balance
- Rewarding Pay Plan
- No-Cost College Education Assistance
- 401k Profit Sharing with matching contribution
- Vacation, Sick/PTO, holiday leave
- Medical, dental, vision
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance
- Short- & long-term disability plans
- FSA program
- Performance Bonus Opportunity
- Exclusive Employee Discounts on Vehicles and Service Parts
Standard Accounting Practices