$1500 Sign-on bonus*
Job Title: Room Attendant
Reports To: Floor Shift Supervisor
Responsible for the overall cleanliness of assigned rooms/suites. Reports maintenance deficiencies in order to maintain rooms/suites are in compliance with standards.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
S ix months to one-year prior experience in cleaning, janitorial, hotel or institutional housekeeping preferred.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cleans rooms/ suites, as assigned, which includes: making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming and washing windows. Reports rooms as clean and available. Reports maintenance deficiencies in order to maintain room in compliance with hotel standards.
- Strips dirty linen / towels and removes used amenities from room/suite.
- Checks housekeeping cart for supplies; stocks as needed.
- Greets guests immediately with friendly/sincere acknowledgement.
- Replenishes linen and guest amenities.
- Cleans balconies, if applicable.
- Responds to special requests by guests (such as providing extra amenities or service time requests).
- Reports all “Do Not Disturb” or bolted door rooms at the specified time to ensure guest safety and maximize guest satisfaction.
- Organizes linen closets to ensure quality and quantity of the contents to maximize job efficiency. Checks quantity and quality of linen closets contents and pulls out any damaged linens.
- Provides customer service to guests, including information about hotel services, activities and local attractions.
- Provides turndown service.
- Assists co-workers, as requested.
*1500 Sign-on bonus to be paid in 3 installments:
- $500 at first paycheck
- $500 after 120 days
- $500 after 180 days