You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
A well-established manufacturing company is seeking a Senior Buyer to source initiatives for both Production and MRO products and perform all procurement related functions. Work hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Analyze MRO purchase requisitions, review for accuracy and completion, and maintain Approved Supplier List
- Provide pertinent updates to Sales and Customer Service on any part delays or product rejections
- Must be able to confer with vendors on corrective action requests for rejected parts
- Update prices and deliveries as information becomes available on a daily basis
- Research and prepare bid specifications, review quotes, and secure the most competitive bids
- Work with Receiving and Quality Contol, to make sure all materials are received correctly and placed in the ERP system
- Solve problems with orders in an efficient and timely manner, establish lead times for parts ordering, and expedite orders as necessary
- Work with Accounts Payable and Receiving Department to resolve any shipment or invoice issues
- Negotiate pricing with vendors, obtain competitive quotes, and set up vendors in system
- Maintain current ISO certifications in the Business Partner database
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, suppliers, and internal staff.
- Complete sourcing initiatives for both Production and MRO products
- Provide a high level of service to everyone
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Supply Chain preferred
- Purchasing experience in an Electronics Manufacturing Company is required; Medical Product Production preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of ERP/MRP systems; SAP preferred
- Five to seven years Sourcing/Purchasing experience; Sourcing and procurement of electronic components, stampings, machining, and wire harnesses
- Purchasing experience in an Electronics Manufacturing Company is required; Medical Product Purchasing experience preferred
- Must have proven negotiation experience with suppliers
- Must have strong problem-solving skills along with a desire to create solutions
- Excellent organizational, communication, and telephone skills is required
- Must have the willingness to take initiative while multi-tasking, working in a fast-paced environment, and quickly change priorities
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
- Electronic Manufacturing
- Purchase Requisitions
- Supply Chain
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 04 - 167258 mp
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.