Brad Freedman & Associates is seeking a full-time Dental Assistant to join our practice! Our office is located in Alexandria off Little River Turnpike near Braddock Road - accessible to I-395 for an easy commute via car.
Our modern office features state-of-the-art technology including digital x-rays, intraoral cameras, dental lasers, and CADCAM Cerac. Our award-winning team of doctors, hygienists, and support staff offer our patients comprehensive care under one roof. We are seeking an experienced, dependable, patient-care focused candidate to join our seasoned, long-term staff.
Candidate must have dental experience, valid x-ray license/certification for the state of Virginia, be proficient in assisting four-handed dentistry, and able to support the dental care delivery by preparing treatment rooms, patients, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance. Ideal candidate would also be well versed in Invisalign and Sleep Apnea.
Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
· Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
· Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
· Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
· Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
· Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient's mouth.
· Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
· Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
· Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
· Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
· Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
· Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must have an x-ray license/certificate for the state of Virginia
- Must have experience working as a Dental Assistant, prefer 3+ years
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant license, preferred
Additional benefits for full-time employees:
· Dental services
· Life insurance
· Paid time off
· 6 paid holidays off
· 401k to name a few