Who is Comprehensive Healthcare?
Comprehensive Healthcare provides innovative behavioral health and integrated healthcare services to clients of all ages. We take pride in our creative and collaborative work environment and in delivering clinically excellent, trauma-informed, recovery-oriented services.
What are we looking for in an Outreach Worker?
Our PATH Team (Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness) conducts outreach to individuals who are experiencing serious mental illness combined with homelessness, with the goal of engaging these individuals with services, providing needed assistance, and supporting individuals toward recovery and stability. The Outreach Worker on our PATH team will spend their entire day out in the community reaching out to individuals who are homeless with mental illnesses or dual diagnoses, developing relationships by making routine contact, providing supportive and case management services, offering referrals, and encouraging the individual to accept and attend mental health treatment with Comprehensive. As the individuals are connected to a treatment team, the Outreach Worker will maintain a relationship with the individual to ensure a smooth transition into our outpatient services. This position requires a confident clinician who is an effective & empathetic communicator, who is seeking wide variety in their work days, and who is able to develop & maintain positive relationships with people who may be in distress or are challenging to communicate with. The Outreach Worker will spend very little time in the office, so being comfortable out in the community and working independently will be essential in this role.
Outreach Worker duties may include:
- conducting community outreach to seek out individuals in the community who are homeless and mentally ill or who have co-occurring disorders
- assisting homeless individuals with obtaining financial benefits they are eligible for, including housing assistance, income support, EBT or food stamps, supplemental security income benefits, and others
- collaborating with each individual to develop a plan for receiving community mental health services, and reviewing the plan on a quarterly basis
- assisting homeless individuals with obtaining the services they are eligible for, including transportation, financial planning, vocational assistance, housing, activities of daily living, and rehabilitation services
- coordinating with the treatment team during the transition period for each homeless individual beginning services with Comprehensive
- collaborating with Yakima County homeless programs and other service providers as directed
- assessing clients for safety and risk to self or others, and taking appropriate crisis intervention measures when indicated
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, social services, or a related field
What Comprehensive Healthcare Can Offer You
Training and Development
- A variety of career opportunities in a wide range of settings with room for mobility and promotion
- Regular training opportunities including support, supervision, and consultation in implementing evidence-based services and programs
- Clinical supervision toward licensure (if applicable)
Innovative Program & Services
- A strong reputation for providing quality, evidence-based services within a collaborative multi-disciplinary team environment
- Innovative, forward-looking leadership that seeks to thrive in an ever-changing healthcare environment
- Joint Commission-accredited organization committed to continuous quality improvement
- Established partnerships with major research universities and other community and healthcare providers to implement cutting-edge treatment programs and services
- Competitive salaries within our communities and industry
- Healthcare coverage for employee and qualified family members
- Generous vacation, paid holiday and sick leave policies
- Access to Employee Assistance Program services
- Agency-funded retirement plan with contributions equal to 5% of compensation
- Additional retirement investment opportunities with a 50% investment match of up to 4% of compensation
- Agency-funded life and disability insurance program
- Financial incentives to further employee education
Comprehensive Healthcare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. We value the diverse perspectives and strengths that our employees bring to the workplace and we encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply for our positions. The Human Resources department gladly offers accommodations and assistance for the application and interview process; please contact us at Phone number blocked - click to apply to make arrangements.
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, social work, social services, or a related field