Title: Service Mechanic
Location/ Department: Service Department
Reports to: Service Area Supervisor & Service Foreman
FLSA Status: non-exempt
Job Summary: Responsible for retrofit and repair of environmental-comfort systems, utilizing knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting, and mechanical layouts. Tozour-Trane technicians work in the field on a daily basis interacting one on one with customers. It is imperative that our technicians are not only committed to doing quality work, but are also committed to quality customer service to keep out customers saying “I want Tozour-Trane on my next job.”
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Uses a variety of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units.
- Identifies, analyzes, diagnoses, and repairs systems and products at customer’s location.
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as need or requested by customers.
- Prepares for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and coordinating on-site work, as necessary.
- Inspects vehicles by checking vehicle condition and literature supplies
- Maintains vehicles by keeping records of service manuals, scheduling, and complete repairs and maintenance service.
- Maintains equipment by inspecting for signs of wear.
- Documents work by completing paperwork on each job and maintaining files.
- Represents company by serving as a direct customer contact.
- Provides re-training and follow-up training at customer site.
- Provides sales leads to Client Service Rep.
- Determines parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need.
- Documents work by completing paperwork on each job, including daily time, progress, and duration; and maintaining files.
- Records parts, material, labor, subs and other cost data per assignment and returns unused resources.
- Turns in all required paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
- Keeps current on all Trane products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service and repair.
- Read and interpret product specifications and experience in working with building specifications, drawings and designs.
- Provides technical support to customers.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends as necessary.
- Prioritizes workload and request to ensure customer and employee satisfaction are delivered.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Prepares reports and correspondence and maintains files.
- Communicate verbally and in writing between customers/suppliers/visitors/enquirers and relevant staff, and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions. Provide accurate and timely information.
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role. Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- This is a union position.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a Technical / Trade School with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning; or completion of a qualified apprenticeship program and three (3) to five (5) years related experience.
Must possess an active, valid Driver’s License and have a clean driving record. Must successfully pass a drug test and criminal background check.
Ability to work with all levels of staff and maintain strict confidentiality of information. Must be able to multi-task, openly communicate, work well with others and carry a positive attitude. Mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with customers and vendors.
Perform Equipment Repairs
Repair Air Conditioning