This position is a highly technical role, providing post-sales support for customer-specific network architecture design. The Consultant Engineer will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on the products deployed within the customers' network and related platform certification processes.
• Hold design and information gathering workshops with the customer to understand the customer's existing network design and technical requirements .
• Understand the customer's organizational structure and become familiar with the customer's network implementation and support processes and procedures.
• Work with Quality Assurance, Development, Product Management, Technical Publications, and Training to provide customer feedback.
• Create, review, validate and publish required customer required reports.
• Travel to other customer sites with short notice.
• Participate with peers to co-resolve critical client multi-technology network issues and provide creative recommendations to highly complex network issues.
• Verify and report design, reliability and maintenance problems or defects to the engineering teams and communicate with engineering and manufacturing on problems found in the field.
• Act as a technical consultant to other Technical Support functions and others in the company.
• Act as technical escalation path for regional support groups and peer engineers, if required.
This is a full-time position requiring strong knowledge and experience with Network Architecture and Transport Protocols. Top/Secret security clearance with Full Scope Polygraph.
• Excellent understanding of SONET/SDH, ATM, GbE, ADM, TLI commands, and other Switching/transport concepts are required
• Experience with Ciena 6500 product line
• General understanding of transport and switching systems for telecommunications applications
• Familiar with the use of various optical and Ethernet technologies test equipment
• Demonstrates exceptional technical skills proficiency that is rated outstanding with relations to the product supported
• Good knowledge and experience with Network Management software and general understanding of the fiber optic transport and switching protocols is desired
• Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and debug complex system level issues
Computer Aided Design
Computer Aided Manufacturing