The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for acquiring, installing/configuring, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. The Systems Administrator designs and oversees local area networks, wide area networks, and network segments. They develop and manage both intranet and internet systems. The SA will troubleshoot problems as they arise, reviewing networks to improve efficiency, and upgrading systems to match the evolving needs of employees and the company.
· Manages the day-to-day operations of Pence host computers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair.
· Administer servers, laptop and desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, company mobile phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches
· Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained.
· Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems
· Maintain network and system security
· Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
· Plan and recommend upgrades as necessary to servers, network equipment, software, etc.
· Configure new servers.
· Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
· Performs troubleshooting as required. Leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
· Build, acquire, and maintain services on all cloud providers (Azure, Oracle P6, CMIC, and AWS).
· Establish and maintain vendor and customer relationships based on needs of the company.
· Automate processes where appropriate to drive efficiencies.
· Respond to all security threats in a timely and most prudent fashion that has the least impact on the company.
· Assist IT Manager in developing and maintaining a 5-year technology plan for the company.
· Manage phone system including vendor, purchasing, maintaining network and troubleshooting issues.
· Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
· Maintain confidentiality of all electronic data and information.
· Maintain and update skills on an ongoing basis to keep abreast of technology changes.
· Education – 4-year degree, mid-level certifications, or equivalent experience.
· At least 7 years of high level IT systems administration. Experience in the construction industry preferred.
· Specific experience with Microsoft Server 2008 R2 forward.
· Extensive experience with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Networking, Storage, Enterprise equipment, and more.
· Experience with network switching and routing.
· Experience with virtualization technologies (AHV, Hyper-V, VMWare)
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with users to resolve issues in a positive fashion.
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
· Must be able to follow written and verbal instruction
· Can work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
· Exercise independent judgment within defined parameters
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Computer literate with excellent Office, scripting, and other technologies skills.
Works primarily in a typical office environment but is also required to visit project job sites where work is done outside in a construction environment. May be exposed to weather, dirt/dust, loud noise, and may be required to wear personal protective equipment. May need to crawl under desks, work around other barriers to wiring, etc. Is required to lift 25lbs regularly and 50lbs occasionally. Must be able to work for long periods of time in front of a computer. Must excel at day to day interactions with users.
Repairing (Computer Systems)
Server (Computer Science)