Military Family Life Counselor / Social Worker -Twentynine Palms, CA
Looking for a Licensed Mental Health Professional (LCSW, LMFT, LPCC) to work for a large insurance company covering the Military contract, providing education, information, coaching and training to Service Members and their families.
Excellent starting Salary + Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with matching, paid holidays, vacation and sick pay.
Salary: 74,000 +$1500 month housing allowance
Counselor / Social Worker Job Duties:
- Provided face to face direct, non-medical counselling services to individuals, couples, and families.
- Partners with and augments activities of Service Family Centers, Guard and Reserve programs (including Inter-Service Family Assistance Committees), unit family support staff officers, and other programs and services to build coalitions and connect Federal, state, and local resources and non-profit organizations to support Active Duty, Guard and Reserve families.
- Identifies family needs and provides a “get-well” plan in compliance with non-medical counseling scope.
Provides face to face non-medical problem-solving counseling to families when other resources are not available and makes appropriate referrals and warm transfers to military and community resources according to the needs of families and service members, including the following activities:
- Consults with military commands and installation service providers as requested.
- Develops and/or uses approved training and education programs and materials and advises on requests for new or revised presentations by military leadership.
- Provides client tracking of services performed and referrals made using appropriate reporting system.
Military Family Life Counselor Education/Experience:
- Master’s Degree in clinically Social Work, Counseling or similar required.
- Two years post-license experience working with individuals and families in the areas of relationships, behavior management, coping skills, parenting skills/education, child development, separation, stress management, single parenting, step-parenting, family separation, reunion and reintegration, assessments and referrals preferred.
- Direct association with the military is preferred but not required.
- Possess and maintain a full license to practice independently at the Master's or Doctorate level as a Clinical Social Worker, Marriage Family Therapist or Psychologist without restrictions or supervision (i.e. LCSW, LISW, MFT, LPC, etc.)
- Government Security/Clearance/Citizenship Requirements: Requires US citizenship and current security clearance
Email blocked - click to apply
Military, Army, Air Force, Marines, counselor, social worker, LCSW, LMFT, LPCC, family counselling, school counselling, MArriage Family Therapist, Government Security Clearance, mental health, substance abuse, behavioral health, social work
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Lcsw)
Licensed Professional Counselor (Lpc)