To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Providence, RI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The Greysmith Companies • Providence, RI
Posted 2 months ago
In this position, the Staff Accountant will assist the VP of Finance in the day-to-day activities of the department. The position will be responsible for budgeting and forecast coordination, as well as monthly financial reporting and month end close requirements for multiple manufacturing facilities under the supervision of the VP of Finance. This position may also assist in audit, financial modeling, and management presentations on an ad hoc and as needed basis.
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant
- Perform month-end close and reporting duties
- Analyze monthly variances and prepare summary reports for management presentations.
- Assist with the annual budget preparation and periodic forecasts.
- Perform ad hoc reporting on a periodic basis as requested.
- Assist with financial modeling for various investment proposals.
- Assist with ensuring compliance with corporate financial policies
- Special projects as assigned.
Requirements of the Staff Accountant
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance, and Accounting or Finance Internship experience, or a minimum of 1 year of relevant accounting experience. Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Familiarity with budgets, forecasts, and variance analytics
- Strong software skills including Excel and database applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Pursuing MBA/CPA/CMA a plus