This is an exciting time to join Catholic Eldercare! We are seeking dedicated part-time Dining Servers. In this position, you play an essential role in providing services and care for our residents, guests and employees. Job duties you will perform include a variety of scheduled assignments, including: meal preparation, serving guests and residents, dishwashing, putting away stock items, and helping the team keep the kitchen and dining room spotless. We are seeking compassionate and professional individuals looking to make a difference in the lives of others while maintaining a flexible schedule. Evening and weekend shifts available, must be able to work every other weekend and the occasional holiday.
Job Duties Include:
- Perform job duties per the scheduled job assignment to include; meal preparation, serving, dishwashing, putting stock away, and clean up following all kitchen guidelines.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of Dining Services Department, i.e., kitchen, dining room, and storage areas.
- Understand the resident’s diets (for NH and ADP) and correct procedure of serving all meals. Assist residents/tenants as needed during the dining hour.
- Observe and report resident’s intake at mealtime as required while demonstrating sensitivity to residents’ needs and maintaining a kind and respectful manner.
- Reads daily activities and special events notices, i.e. newsletters, dietitian report, Resident Council minutes, etc. to determine how they affect the department.
- Attends Dining Staff Meetings as required and follows direction given by Director/Manager/Supervisor.
- Catholic Eldercare is committed to recognition and effective management of each resident’s pain and suffering. Every employee (within the scope of their position) is responsible to seek relief for any resident observed to be in pain (physical, spiritual or otherwise) through therapeutic intervention (hand-holding, physical touch, acknowledgment
- of discomfort) and reporting the discomfort to the appropriate staff.
- Perform all duties in a manner that is consistent with quality standards, infection control practices and safety measures, which includes using Standard Precautions, at all times.
- Participate in in-service programs and attend meetings in the interest in improving skills and acquiring knowledge, as required.
- Remain current on tuberculosis screening.
- Work as a team member and adapt to changes in work assignments to meet resident and/or staffing needs.
- Performs reasonably similar or related duties as assigned or instructed.
- Must be at least 15 years of age.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team to maintain the operation of the Dining Services department.
- Reading, writing and speaking English is a requirement of this position.
At Catholic Eldercare, we offer a range of benefits including educational scholarship opportunities, health, dental, vision, life, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending account, retirement savings and great work/life balance.
Upholding Customer Service
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 745
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Located in the heart of the tree-lined neighborhoods of Northeast Minneapolis, Catholic Eldercare’s community of senior residences offers older adults inviting opportunities to live life to the fullest. Whether the need is for skilled nursing care, independent living, assisted living, Adult Day Program and Adult Day Program with Memory Care, or other services, our Catholic housing options offer comfort and security to fit your needs.
Catholic Eldercare offers a caring, community atmosphere for elders of all faiths, where they receive the support, respect, and spiritual enrichment they need. For over 35 years, Catholic Eldercare has been providing affordable elder housing and care. Every resident has ready access to whatever level of care services they require, and can enjoy a friendly, comfortable setting.
Catholic Eldercare is proud to provide our continuum of care, including the finest nursing homes in Minneapolis, independent living facilities, assisted living, our senior day care programs, memory care, rehabilitation services, and more.
View the full profile