This position reports directly the Laundry Manager and oversees all Laundry/Valet operations. Included are the timely production and delivery of guestroom, food and beverage and pool linens/terry to the hotels: the preparation of reports to ensure adequate response to the needs of the hotels; adherence to established operational budgetary guidelines and federal, state, and locally mandated safety and environmental regulations. Additional responsibilities include training, performance evaluations, scheduling and supervising the personnel within the department.
- Supervises the Laundry/Valet Department operations to ensure efficient delivery of quality product in a timely manner.
- Schedules personnel so as to ensure optimum performance of Laundry/Valet operations, monitors daily payroll reports to ensure adherence to established budgetary guidelines for labor expense
- Assists Laundry/Valet Manager in coordination of inventory control and replacement purchase requisitions for all guestroom linen/terry and food and beverage linen.
- Conducts periodic inventories of all linen and terry products, generates monthly usage report
- Produces reports relating to employee/equipment productivity, linen and terry usage, damage/discard statistics necessary to evaluate department performance and assist in maintaining operating par stocks for all guest room / F&B; linen, terry
- Interacts with Engineering on equipment repairs and preventive maintenance schedules, monitors performance of all recommended/required activities to ensure equipment performs safely, efficiently and that down time is kept to a minimum
- Four + years supervisory experience in a modern, full service laundry operation, within the Hospitality industry or a commercial laundry dealing with hospitality clients
- Extensive knowledge of modern laundry equipment operation and production capabilities
- Knowledge of laundry chemicals, their use and MSDS safety related requirements
- Effective managerial, leadership and organizational skills
- Effective written, verbal and non-verbal communications skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Product Quality Assurance
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Loews Hotels is a leading owner and operator of full-service, one-of-a-kind luxury and upper-upscale hotels located in key urban and resort destinations throughout the United States and Canada. The company boasts an iconic portfolio of 24 properties, including four in development, with plans to continue expanding its footprint, domestically and internationally, to over 50 hotels by 2020. Since 2012, Loews Hotels has expanded into top markets including San Francisco, Boston, Washington D.C., Chicago, and Los Angeles.
View the full profile
Loews Hotels has a rich history in hospitality as the Tisch family started in the business with the acquisition of its first hotel almost 70 years ago. Today, headquartered in New York City, Jonathan Tisch is the third generation of the family to guide Loews Hotels as its Chairman. Kirk Kinsell, former President of Americas and Europe, Middle East, and Africa for InterContinental Hotel Group, joined as President and CEO in March 2015.
In 2015, Loews Hotels formerly launched two brand extensions to its core brand: Loews Hotels & Resorts. Those extensions include Loews Regency – Loews’ premium product line and luxury alternative; and OE Collection – a soft brand and hotel management platform to support independent, boutique properties that align with our mission of providing guests with authentically original experiences that are true to each destination.