Founded in France in 1970, and expanded into the US in 1999, Fiducial is a major provider of financial services (Business Counseling, Bookkeeping, Payroll and Tax Preparation & Advisory Services) to small businesses and their owners. As a trusted advisor to entrepreneurs, Fiducial provides the financial back office infrastructure to clients, allowing them to focus on what they do best: serve their customers.
Fiducial is looking to add a Junior Accountant to the accounting team in our TASC (corporate support) office located in Columbia, MD. This position reports directly to the Controller.
- Prepare and adjust general ledger journal entries
- Perform account analysis and reconciliation
- Maintain the general ledger chart of accounts
- Assist with initial internal control evaluations
- Post monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals
- Assists in preparing balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure prepaid and deferred expenses are reported in proper month.
- Record intercompany journal entries.
- Communicate internal issues and recommendations to Senior Accountant.
- Prepare business license, person property tax, excise tax, and real estate tax returns and any other applicable returns as required.
- Special departmental assignments and/or projects as assigned.
- Email (reading/responding) in a timely manner – within 24 hours.
- Listen/respond to voicemail in a timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of Company, employee, client and customer information, sharing information on a need to know or right to know basis.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Controller.
Desired Skills/ Experience/Attributes
- 1 - 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with accounting, including bank reconciliation, balance sheet and general ledger experience.
- Knowledge of Windows application, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point, or similar software applications, proficiency preferred.
- Experience working with Epicor or similar enterprise software is a plus
- Ability to analyze, research, and disseminate and make recommendations on multiple projects at one time.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills
- Has exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Thrives in a highly collaborative environment
- Is a detail oriented individual contributor with the ability to “think outside the box”
- Possesses an unquestionable level of integrity and respects quality assurance requirements.
- Has a history of building relationships with clients and colleagues
- Is committed to fostering and maintaining a service culture.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Standard Accounting Practices