• Manual and clerical inventory support in processing and verifying merchandise/cartons.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Checks and inspects cartons to reflect accurate quantity and condition for further processing.
2. Prepares cartons for processing by:
- a. Locating, preparing and affixing appropriate labels.
- b. Packing, labeling, and scanning cartons, as required.
- c. Sorting and routing cartons.
- d. Entering appropriate information in inventory systems as required.
- e. Loading, unloading, and picking, as required.
3. Prepares merchandise for distribution, including:
- a. Checks, inspects, and logs data into the appropriate inventory systems to reflect the quantity and condition of merchandise received or distributed.
- b. Takes necessary steps to prepare merchandise for inventory and distribution.
- c. Inspects merchandise visually to determine disposition, as assigned.
- d. Enters/logs appropriate data into on-line systems, as required.
4. Performs one or more stock handling tasks, such as:
- a. Packing, unpacking, banding, and assembling merchandise.
- b. Sorting and routing merchandise
- c. Weighing merchandise.
• Requires the ability to understand and follow general and/or written instructions. Involves the use of elementary arithmetic.
• Familiarity with use of contemporary merchandise processing equipment (i.e. hand- held scanners)
• Familiarity with use of warehouse equipment and inventory systems.
• Ability to learn computer processing systems.
• Ability to work efficiently
• Ability to determine which prescribed steps to take to process problem cartons and to resolve identified discrepancies.
• Physical Essential Function (Lifting): Frequent 0 – 30lbs; Occasional 30 – 75lb
• Six months experience in the same or related tasks is preferable.
Packaging And Labeling