To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indianapolis, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Director of Nursing
Rosegate Assisted Living & Garden Homes • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are currently accepting applications for the following position:
Assistant Director of Nursing- LPN
Oversees and directs all aspects of client care provided by home health personnel in the community, as well as assessing all community clients to determine qualification of residing in community. Supervises nursing personnel in the delivery of care and services according to each client's assessment and plan of care. Manages in accordance with facility philosophy, standards of professional nursing practices, and all federal and state laws and regulations, including HIPAA, if applicable
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Interacts and resolves concerns with clients, family members, legal representatives, and community management. Immediately informs the clients, consults with the clients’s physician and notifies the designated family member and / or the clients’s legal representative and community management when there is an accident involving an injury which has potential for requiring physician intervention, a significant change in the clients’s physical, mental, or psychosocial status, a need to alter treatment significantly, or a recommendation per agency policy and guidelines to transfer or discharge the clients from the community.
- Conducts client and non-client assessments, suggesting level of needed service packages to clients and their families.
- Develops plans of care with measurable objectives and timelines, accommodating clients needs and preferences, including choices about preferred intensity of medical treatment. Develops plans of care with the participation and consent of the clients and/or clients’s family member or legal representative.
- Coordinates all services for clients based on plan of cares; including, but not limited to, obtaining physician orders, obtaining consent for client and/or legal representative, community with, directing, and ensuring staff members perform necessary tasks.
- Monitors and ensures all required documentation is completed accurately and timely for all clients to achieve and maintain regulatory compliance. Completes required documentation of care and services delivered during shift including subjective findings, objective symptoms, interventions, and clients responses to interventions.
- Listens and documents significant changes in condition of clients; including, but not limited to, incidents, unexplained injuries, medication errors, loss of clients property, or evidence of clients or family dissatisfaction per agency policies and state regulations. Monitors and responds timely to Care and Concern program per facility and agency policy.
- Attempts to resolve all clients grievances seeking consultation or assistance from other departments of administration as appropriate.
- Actively monitors regulatory compliance issues, clients risk factors, sudden changes in clients behavior, expressed dissatisfaction by clients or family, refusals of treatment, and unexplained injuries, and reports to Administrator of Home Health Services.
- Participates in quality assessment and assurance activities including implementation of recommendations and monitoring of results.
- Ensures Home Health clients are billed accurately each month, monitors payment, and coordinates collection process as per agency policy.
- Completes reports for Home Office timely and operates department within budgeted guidelines. Monitors budget regularly to ensure operation within constraints, and participates in preparation of annual budget. Maintains and tracks expenses while operating efficiently within budgetary guidelines.
- Maintains all client and employee records and files accurately and orderly.
- Monitors Emergency Response System to ensure pages are receiving timely response and System is functioning properly.
- Serves as liaison among community staff, medical community, and community outside of assisted living, including serving on committees as time allows.
- Maintains ongoing communication with other departments to evaluate clients responses to interventions, suggest alternative approaches when indicated and to revise and update plans of care to reflect progress toward goals. Facilitates interdepartmental communication to meet clients’ needs and promote highest level of independence, safety and satisfaction.
- Educates and develops staff members; including, but not limited to, monitoring department staff for correct, consistent application of infection control procedures and universal precautions for bloodborne pathogens, use of protective equipment, handling of hazardous materials, and any other OSHA mandate on workplace safety.
- Actively monitors interdisciplinary team functioning and communication, staff behavior (positive and negative), and staffing needs, educating and disciplining where appropriate within policies and procedures.
- Serves as Nurse and Certified Home Health Aide when coverage is needed.
- Participates in all special community and agency events.
We offer attractive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Available - Plans starting as low as $10 a week
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- $1,000 Referral bonus for Clinical Staff
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Nurse & CNA Preceptor Program
- 02NE Program offers Paid LPN or RN training
- Verizon and Sprint Cell Phone Discount
- Demonstrates C.A.R.E. values to our residents, family members, customers and staff.
- Must be available on an “on-call" basis.
- Must be available to work overtime.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with RN licensure.
- Two years nursing experience providing direct care in long-term care, acute care, restorative or geriatric nursing setting.
- Two years supervisory/management experience with direct care staff