Psychiatric Clinical Social Worker
The Child and Family Guidance Center provides comprehensive and collaborative outpatient mental health services to children, adolescents and their families throughout the San Fernando and Antelope Valleys.
We are seeking a full-time Psychiatric Clinical Social Worker for our Palmdale location. This position will be responsible for maintaining a dual caseload of medication only case management clients as well as providing mental health treatment services to emotionally disturbed children and adolescents in assigned programs.
Who We Are and What We Believe In:
It is our hope that you look to the Child and Family Guidance Center as your “Employer of Choice”. We've been a leader in the community for more than 50 years and we welcome you to join our team of 400 dedicated mental health and administrative professionals in our journey to bring better health and well-being to our communities in the San Fernando and Antelope Valleys.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Great benefits
- Great learning opportunities
- Great supervision
- Supportive, friendly work environment
- An established, reputable, stable company
We envision a workplace where:
· everyone is treated with dignity and respect;
· commitment, accountability and leadership exist at all levels;
· everyone is encouraged to share their ideas, hopes, concerns and aspirations;
· we share in a culture of inclusion and transparency;
· we are committed to our own professional growth with openness and humility;
· we inspire and encourage one another through positive, future-focused coaching;
· we are committed to quality services and sound business practices;
· we are one interconnected team committed to achieving CFGC’s mission.
One Team … One Goal
The Child and Family Guidance Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all.
Come Join Our Team!!!
Essential Job Functions:
· Evaluates client and family case management and brief intervention needs for clients in medication case management services.
· Provides linkage and referrals as needed for client and family support services.
· Provide individual, family and group therapy to assigned mental health caseload.
· Works collaboratively with RN and psychiatrists to ensure client’s holistic mental health needs are addressed.
· Provides a range of treatment services including but not limited to intakes, assessments, ongoing treatment planning and discharge planning.
· Provide field based services when needed to meet the needs of the client which may include where the client lives or other community locations.
· Develops effective, individualized treatment plans and monitor client progress.
· Handles client crisis and symptom management, including outside of normal work hours. Will participate in Agency wide on call and duty officer rotations.
· Actively involves caregivers in treatment through collateral and family sessions, parent education programs, and family support groups.
· Complete all documentation according to Agency, HIPAA, and funder standards within required timelines.
· Participate in supervision, meetings and trainings related to position and services provided including evidence-based practice trainings, boosters, and consultations as assigned.
Skills You Need:
· Must be fluent in Spanish and English.
· Relevant work and/or intern experience providing direct mental health services to children and adolescents.
· Ability to work effectively with highly traumatized children and families.
· Ability to appropriately respond to volatile families and high risk situations.
· Knowledge of and experience with providing culturally competent services.
· Ability to effectively work collaboratively with all disciplines of the treatment team in a professional manner.
· Able to work independently and to seek supervision when needed.
· Must demonstrate good written, verbal and computer skills.
· Must be organized, dependable and take a proactive approach to work.
· FSLA Status: exempt
· 40 Hours (Full Time) Monday – Friday, at least one evening per week until 8 pm.
· Work schedule is based on the needs of the Center.
· MSW from a regionally accredited graduate program.
· Must be eligible for registration with the Board of Behavioral Sciences if and maintain registration in good standing. Must be licensed in good standing or license eligible.