To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charlotte, NC
- Technical Recruiter
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Permanent Python Web Developer Position
Pelican Technology Partners • Charlotte, NC
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position Title: Python Web Developer
Pelican Technology Partners is seeking a Python Web Developer for a Direct Hire, Permanent opportunity located in Charlotte, NC.
Migrate existing web based solution using a proprietary technology to a new, standards based platform
Assist in training the current staff on the technologies involved in the new solution
Assist in or lead other IT related projects and activities as dictated by the needs of the business
Participation in IT support coverage for the business
Location: Charlotte, NC
Type: 6 Month Contract to Hire
Must have experience with:
- Server side development using tools like Python, CherryPy, and NGINX
- Database design and development using database systems like Microsoft SQL and PostgreSQL
- Web based charting and mapping tools like HighCharts, Flot, Chart.js, CanvasJS, OpenLayers, and Leaflet
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in addition to a degree.
- 5+ years of proven web development experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven web development experience in a data intensive environment
- Experience designing and implementing high performance, scalable web based solutions
- Experience designing high performance dashboards using a variety of charting and mapping technologies.
- Experience with efficient database design
- Experience writing high performance queries, stored procedures, and functions
- Strong attention to detail
- Desire to learn new concepts and technologies
- Experience with SAS, ArcGIS, and the forestry / wood products industry is a plus.