Merchandising Specialist – ($15.00/hr) – Pittsburgh, PA (Latrobe, PA) (2019-12579)
The company has more than $1 Billion in annual sales, 1,200 employees, and 34 distribution centers throughout the US. Founded in 1938, PrimeSource is an international distributor of building materials serving residential, commercial, and industrial new-construction and remodeling markets as a value-added link in the distribution chain. Core products distributed under the nationally known Grip-Rite® and Pro-Twist® brands include: Nails, screws, and collated fasteners; tools, compressors and accessories; residential and commercial roofing products; diamond blades and accessories, gypsum accessories, weather protection and covers, adhesives and caulks, contractor bags and poly sheeting, building accessories; rebar and concrete accessories; and fencing and wire. To learn more about the company, feel free to please visit www.primesourcebp.com , www.griprite.com, and www.pro-twist.com.
PrimeSource Building Products, a national distributor of building materials, is seeking candidates for a Merchandising Specialist to service our Pittsburgh, PA (Latrobe, PA) and surrounding areas. 100% Travel is required. No overnight travel.
You will service # stores on a schedule (some on a weekly basis and some on a bi-weekly basis) in the following areas: Latrobe, Pittsburgh, Greensburg, Johnston, Altoona
***Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive throughout assigned territory to service stores. Driver's license and insurance must be in compliance to receive full benefit of company vehicle program (2019 Ford F150 with gas card).***
Hourly Pay: $15/hr, depending on experience
FULL TIME JOB WITH BENEFITS (8 hour shift with ½ lunch)
FLEXIBLE START TIMES (5AM to 9AM) FLEXIBLE END TIMES (1:30PM to 5:30PM) depending on your start time
NO WEEKENDS! WORK INDEPENDENTLY IN THE FIELD!
You also will be provided with an IPhone and company polo shirt.
Merchandising Specialists are expected to service 2 to 3 stores a day within their territory. You work independently from home remotely and are responsible for merchandising fasteners (nails and screws) in assigned Home Improvement retail stores. You will drive to various customer locations.
Once onsite, the primary job responsibilities include down-stocking products, installing signage, maintaining plan-o-gram layouts, pricing displays, and training store employees on the different fasteners.
This role plays an important part for our company overall because their efforts are critical to our sales goals and our customer’s profitability. You are the first line of customer service, and maintains an important partnership between our customers and vendors.
The Merchandising Specialists represent PrimeSource in the field, are the first line of customer service, and maintains an important partnership between our customers and vendors.
PrimeSource offers Health, Vision & Dental plans, Matching 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, Company Vehicle Program to all full-time employees.
- Full down-stocking of products from overheads to sales floor shelves and cross-merchandise locations throughout the warehouse stores.
- Monitor customer warehouse inventory levels and submit comprehensive inventory reports each week.
- Collaborate with customers and their associates and/or merchandising teams to create attractive sales floor displays, make sure that our product is down-stocked and prominently displayed, and ensure inventory counts are accurate.
- Act as the liaison between customers and the company by addressing customer issues and solving customer problems.
- Assist customers in creating an organized warehouse that allows for easier product accessibility.
- Stock sales floor shelves for the customers who request additional inventory management assistance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive throughout assigned territory to service stores. Drivers License, insurance must be in compliance to receive full benefit of Company Vehicle program.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to work safely in a retail construction environment.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal communications through voice and email.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must live within the territory that you support
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is fully committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, gender, religion, age, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information and other non-merit factors. All persons shall be afforded equal employment opportunity at PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. prohibits discrimination in all aspects of its personnel policies, program practices and operations and relationships with employees and applicants, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring and merit promotion. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. promotes programs of affirmative recruitment and employment at all levels of PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. subscribes to, and will implement to the full extent, all applicable laws that promote equality of opportunity.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is firmly committed to satisfying its affirmative obligations under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, to ensure that persons with disabilities have every opportunity to be hired and advanced on the basis of merit within PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.