To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jersey City, NJ
- Joshua Clark
- Phone: 717-207-9368
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The Carlisle Group • Jersey City, NJ
Posted 2 months ago
Our client is part of a 26 billion dollar division of a 44 billion dollar international grocery retail parent company. The United States division has 4 grocery traditional retail divisions and an online/ecommerce grocery division. The ecommerce division is aggressively growing. They have recently opened a new distribution/fulfillment facility in Jersey City, NJ, to service the surrounding metro area. We are searching for a Transportation Supervisor for first or second shift.
- Provide daily leadership to the Transportation Team in order to ensure timely and accurate deliveries, safe working conditions and a work environment.
- Organize, plan, and optimize daily routes for all drivers. This includes labor management (capacity vs. number of drivers), scheduling (start times, PTO approval, etc.), problem resolution and decision-making.
- Review transportation-related metrics daily. Provide recommendations on coaching and training in an effort to maximize driver performance.
- Effectively troubleshoot any and all delivery issues to ensure timely and responsive problem resolution.
- Respond to employee concerns in a timely and effective manner.
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide direction, feedback, and support to team-members which foster service excellence and personal growth.
- Monitor the timely loading and dispatching of vehicles from the staging docks based on multiple priorities and various vehicle waves (Cross Docks).
- Responsible for accident, damage, injury reports and investigations, as well as ensuring all issues are followed up on within a timely manner.
- Work cooperatively with Fulfillment, Customer Service, Customer Acquisition, Inbound, Human Resources and Merchandising. Facilitate transitional organization between multiple shift operations.
- Provide leadership to the fulfillment team and clerical team to include team-building, positive recognition, coaching, and feedback.
- Interview ambassador applicants and conduct new hire training and follow-up.
- Practices food safety in all aspects of position.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Associates Degree
- 2+ years of transportation or logistics related experience
- Ability to understand processes and provide step by step instruction
- Management style that promotes an atmosphere of high performance, superior customer service and innovation without compromising integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- DOT Certification
- Knowledge of government safety rules/regulations; SmithSafe experience a plus
- Experience with a retail organization a plus
- Food Safety Certification a plus