This is an Outside Sales position that is responsible for meeting with and understanding customer and prospective customer challenges. Ideal candidate will be driven and focused on providing solutions, technical support where applicable and product capabilities/knowledge within the Instrumentation and Automation business unit of Relevant Solutions.
The Outside Sales team member will work independently and is responsible for the sales, limited service, and promotion of all Instrumentation and Automation product lines in compliance with all company pricing guidelines to achieve maximum gross margin. This position will be responsible for developing existing accounts while generating new accounts. The position requires ongoing communication with customers and suppliers to provide technical support, product information, and pricing updates. It is expected the Outside Sales team member will visit no less than 4 unique customers/prospective customers per day on average.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Negotiate with customers and suppliers to establish quotes and orders that will ensure a competitive price and highest profitability.
• Develop accounts by informing customers of all our value added services.
• Provide customers with information on products, pricing, and availability.
• Handle customer complaints promptly and effectively.
• Pro-actively seek solutions to better serve customers.
• Maintain customers in CRM.
• Participate in training sessions and meetings as required.
• Assist in training new employees as required.
• Be responsible for quality in all facets of customer relations.
• 5+ years of sales experience to local industrial & agricultural marketplace including some or all the following industries: oil & gas, chemical & refining, power generation, wastewater and agriculture.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other related technical field preferred yet not mandatory if equivalent experience in electrical and control products is demonstrated.
• Experience managing sales efforts across multiple sites.
• Proven track record of landing new accounts and markets in a direct role.
• Ability to build executive level interfaces.
• Consultative selling skills are a must
• Excellent communication, organizational and time-management skills.
• Strong written communication and presentation skills.
• Positive attitude, self-motivated, confident and tenacious.
Create Sale Plan
Identifying New Prospects