$25/hour - $29/hour pay; 5-6 month contract with a strong potential for contract extension or to even go permanent with the company!
Our client, who is a leading provider of specialized services to the global industrial, commercial and infrastructure markets, is looking to bring on a qualified Production Planner to their Southern Seattle team in Tukwila. As a Production Planner, you will be responsible for planning and managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s productive. This is a great opportunity to join a corporation of 35,000 employees with operations in more than 35 countries, an organization that has a foothold in the industries of scaffolding systems, forming and shoring, and overall industrial solutions on a global scale. At the moment, this position is due to last into 2020, and could certainly go longer as this team is expanding.
- Gather and analyze demand requirements and enter data into JDE to construct a build schedule.
- Identify potential production bottlenecks, such as lack of capacity or purchased items, and work with buyers and the Manufacturing staff to resolve roadblocks.
- Promises ship dates on sales orders with considering capacity planning and material availability.
- Review complex bills of material (BOM’s) to identify part shortages and balance work cells.
- Create and release all work orders as required to satisfy demand for manufactured items.
- Expedite operations to prevent schedule delay and meet unforeseen conditions.
- Assist the Purchasing department with product line planning and forecasting.
- Develop the Rental Fleet and Sales Forecast in coordination with Sales, Marketing, Operations, Accounting, and Finance.
- Confer with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
- Prepare Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on a monthly basis and weekly stocking plan reports.
- Work with the Materials department to schedule work order picking as required.
- Agent for continuous process and I.T. infrastructure improvement for the Supply Chain department.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience with JD Edwards (MRP, Planning, and Scheduling).
- Familiarity with fabrication and machine shop practices.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and Access.
- Experience with Visual Basic programming (Excel and Access) and ODBC connectivity to the AS/400.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, with personnel ranging from the manufacturing workforce to senior executives.
- Effective problem solver with a “can do” attitude. Builds strong relationships.
- Ability to stay in control under pressure and make critical decisions.
- Skilled at organizing collaborative initiatives to solve problems.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years of supply chain experience desired.
- Knowledge of relational databases and VBA programming a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in business Administration or related field.
Material Requirements Planning