Accountants One is working with a top healthcare provider to staff an exceptional Third-Party Follow-up Representative. This individual should be a motivated self-starter with the ability to take ownership of weekly accounts to maximize collection efforts and meet performance metrics.
· Bills third-party payors, when appropriate, by hard copy or electronic submission.
· Follows-up with third-party payers in order to facilitate claim payment.
· Appeals denials when a claim is not paid according to the fee schedule.
· Re-files claims as necessary.
· Takes adjustments and processes write-offs as necessary.
· Corrects claims and re-files as needed to ensure proper payment.
· Corrects line item balance discrepancies to merge debits and credits and create a balanced account.
· Documents all telephone contacts and practice management system transactions and postings.
· Communicates with Physician offices best policies and procedures to maximize payment.
· Balances accounts through internal adjustments, contractual disallowances and refilling of claims
· Researches and resolve all billing problems in a timely manner.
Please submit all resumes in MS Word format to Email blocked - click to apply
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience in hospital billing and follow-up.
· Strong Medicare, and commercial insurance follow-up experience required.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
· Knowledge of third-party commercial insurance follow-up in regard to plan types: HMO, PPO, POS, and Indemnity.