To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
11 Dearborn Road
Peabody, MA 01960
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Research and Development Associate
JEOL USA, Inc • Peabody, MA
Posted 2 months ago
In this newly created position, you will assist R&D scientist in planning, organizing, and conducting technical projects related to the design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of mechanical and electromechanical apparatus, components and processes.
What you will do:
- Perform complicated and advanced electrical and mechanical engineering work of major complexity.
- Assist in the design, fabrication and testing of prototype components, assemblies and systems to aid in the development of new products or the improvement of existing products.
- Conduct independent research to support projects and perform tasks and experiments necessary to support NMR probe evaluation, testing, and analyzing of materials and assembly methods.
- Participate in collaborative team discussions
- Assist scientists with the verification/validation process of designs and in the transfer of resulting technology to production
- A Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of engineering and/or science (preferably Physics) from an accredited college or university plus one to three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid mechanical understanding
- Experience with radio frequency, cryogenic and vacuum equipment experience preferred
- Understanding of nuclear magnetic resonance and magnetism from a Chemistry, Physics or Engineering point of view
- Knowledge of Mathematica/Matlab, IgorPro/Origin, Adobe Inventor, CAD, simulation software (ANSYS HFSS/mechanical, National Instruments AWR) is desired
- Knowledge and experience with basic machine tools for prototyping (milling, engraving, machines, lathe, drill press, band saw, and soldering) is required
Since 1949, the JEOL legacy has been one of providing solutions for innovation. JEOL positively challenges the world's highest technology, forever contributing to the progress in both Science and Human society through its products. We have 60 years of expertise in the field of electron microscopy, more than 50 years in mass spectrometry and NMR spectrometry, and more than 40 years of e-beam lithography leadership. The primary business of JEOL USA is the sales of new instruments and peripherals and support of scientific instruments throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and South America.
What we offer:
We offer competitive salaries and a top-notch benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401K plan with a match and employer contribution, and opportunities to advance within the organization. If you have the desire to work in an industry where your work contributes to progress in science and society, submit your resume and complete an application at www.jeolusa.com/careers or fax resume in confidence to Human Resources at (978) 536-2484.
To gain insight about what it’s like to work at JEOL please view our employee videos at http://www.jeolusa.com/ABOUT-US/Career-Opportunities/Working-at-JEOL
JEOL is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.