The primary responsibilities are the following:
· Safety: Handle all accident investigations, corrective-action follow-up, lead safety committees & initiatives, drive an engaged safety culture
· Coordinate with the Cross-Functional Teams to drive the Safety Culture
· Maintain OSHA Compliance & Reporting
· Maintain Safety Metrics Reporting
· Conduct weekly, monthly, and quarterly safety audits
· Responsible for all aspects of safety for 4 manufacturing facilities
· Handle HAZMAT training and compliance
· Emergency Action Plans
· Provide guidance on injuries and prevent recordables, assist with First Aid incidents
· Conducting facility safety inspections and orientations.
· Safety training as requested/required.
· Observation and monitoring of facility employees and safety practices.
· Complete document reviews, contractor correspondence, and document management.
· Other tasks and activities within the realm of the EHS profession within the manager's skills, abilities, certifications and authorizations
· Worker’s Compensation: Manages and administrates worker’s compensation claims
· Coordinates with Insurance Broker and W/C Vendor to mitigate and close claims
· Environmental: capture data on power and water usage, support waste water treatment initiatives/metrics/etc, and drive sustainability initiatives.
· Health & Wellness:
· Develop and implement Health & Wellness initiatives (Health Screenings, Audiograms, H&W Proactive Programs/Contests, etc.)
· Ergonomic studies to proactively prevent injuries
Coordinate with Payroll & Benefits Manager to incorporate H&W programs with our Insurance Vendors
OSHA 30 Hour Preferred • OSHA 501 and / or OSHA 511 Preferred • Bachelor’s Degree Preferred • Solid knowledge of EHS standards, industry regulatory standards in manufacturing, with the ability to communicate such standards to others. • 3-5 years safety and health experience. • Excellent public speaking abilities. • Energetic, ambitious, assertive and an excellent communicator. • OSHA outreach training experience preferred. • Able to meet deadlines, work independently without direct supervision, as well as in a team environment. • OSHA and regulatory safety training experience. Skills, Specialized Knowledge and Abilities • Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality • Outgoing personality, self-motivated • Excellent customer service, telephonic, electronic, and written communication skills. Analyze and recommend improvements for safe work practices, policies and training programs. • Technical experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, and Excel. • Use of standard office equipment. • Organization, attention to detail, flexibility and strong ability to multi-task interfacing multiple client situations on any given workday. • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment without direct supervision. Must embrace a team based, initiative driven environment. • Effectively work with others to build consensus and rapport
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)