To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1505 Foote Drive
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
- Andrea Knotwell
- Phone: 303-430-6562
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Field Service Technician
Honnen Equipment Co. • Idaho Falls, ID
Posted 2 months ago
Honnen Equipment Co., your authorized dealer for John Deere Construction & Forestry equipment is looking for a Field Service Technician.
Since 1963 Honnen operated with a philosophy of not just meeting, but exceeding, customers’ expectations. Honnen is one of the oldest and largest John Deere dealers in North America, now operating out of 10 locations in 4 different states covering the Rocky Mountain Region. Our mission here is to partner with our customers to provide superior value through the lowest owning and operating costs while representing world-class products.
We offer our employees full benefits at competitive premiums as well as a contributing 401K, vacation time, paid holidays, and a performance based incentive program.
For our service technicians we offer the opportunity and training to not only work on John Deere but also on other heavy equipment products as well. Complete an application today!
Performs advanced diagnostics, service repairs, rebuilding jobs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer owned equipment. Completes daily tasks in the field in a safe, efficient and capable manner; using the least number of labor hours necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs advanced diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer owned equipment.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitor products and keeps abreast of all changes in various models of equipment sold and serviced by the distributor.
- Reports each service call or repair job at the end of each shift, giving the following information: (a) customer’s name, (b) make and model of unit, (c) serial number, (d) hours worked, (e) travel time, (f) details of work performed, problems encountered, time required, (g) parts, equipment and supplies used.
- Reports in complete detail as above with regard to warranty situations handled.
- Keeps work areas clean and orderly.
- Brings to the attention of the Service Manager any additional work required on a unit.
- Notifies Service Manager if shop equipment or vehicle is not in serviceable condition or constitutes a safety hazard.
- Returns tools to crib at the end of each shift in a clean condition ready for the next man to use.
- Keeps service bulletins and parts literature current and orderly at all times.
- Conducts himself in the presence of customers in a manner which will retain a good opinion of the company and the Service Department.
- Takes advantage of all opportunities to attend schools and training sessions in order to upgrade technical competence.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations when performing work assignments.
- Associates degree preferred. High School diploma and related experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- 2+ years of experience working on Heavy Equipment
- John Deere Service Technician training completion preferred
- 4+ John Deere Capstones completed
- Valid driver’s license required and clean MVR
- CDL license preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform complex service repairs
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of heavy equipment
- Entry computer and systems ability
- Customer service mentality
* Moderate physical activity required by lifting/carrying objects up to 55 lbs.
* Ability to regularly push/pull a maximum force of 115 lbs.