Our client is a leading technology innovator with customers worldwide. This forward-thinking organization has shaped some of the most remarkable communications technologies and cutting-edge innovations in the world.
We are seeking a Specialist, Accountant who will be a member of a centralized GAO accounting team. They will support the monthly accounting close process, including coordination with program finance and cost planning colleagues.
What does the Specialist, Accountant do?
· Perform account reconciliations with action plans for reconciling items.
· Perform account analysis with identification and explanation of variances.
· Ensure compliance with internal controls.
· Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial schedules.
· Support internal and external audit requirements.
· Build knowledge and working relationships to coordinate data sharing and improve processes/procedures.
· Prepare ad-hoc reporting and assist with special projects as requested.
· Bachelor's degree.
· 4 years of accounting experience.
· CPA with active license and Big 4 experience preferred.
· PeopleSoft, HFM, and Smartview experience.
Standard Accounting Practices