****MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES****
A large, small business liability insurance company has needs for a Senior Software Engineer to work partially remotely and in an office at their Boston, MA location.
· Being hands-on in developing our products using best practices, appropriate tools and technologies
· Working with cross functional collaborative teams, helping to clarify requirements at the onset of projects and suggesting different and relevant technical approaches
· Championing Agile processes across the team
· Highlighting areas for continuous improvement and driving their prioritization
· Mentoring junior members of the team where needed
· Being proactive in suggesting new tools, technologies and ways of working
What We Are Looking For:
· Strong programming skills in any language. We look for strong Engineers and our philosophy is that a strong Engineer is not defined by the technologies they use; therefore Ruby experience is not essential. You’ll just need to be happy to cross-over to Ruby if you join us – and we will support you with that
· Strong desire to work collaboratively with business teams. We do not divide ‘business’ and tech’ teams, we see both as one team as we are all working towards one shared goal
· Strong interpersonal skills to work well in our very open and friendly environment
· Pro-active in suggesting new tools, processes and technologies – anything which will help us continually improve!
· The ability to communicate technical concepts to non technical members of the team
· Ability to own small sub projects from ideation to deliver into our customers hands.
Our Tech Stack:
· Ruby/Ruby on Rails
- 3+ Years experience developing digital products
- Ruby/Ruby on Rails is a plus but not necessary (you have to be open to learning this software)
- KARAT Assessment will be administered by a KARAT Engineer. This assessment takes about 45 to 65 minutes to be completed. This will also be performed via video conference.
- There will be numerous interviews involved.
Our client is looking for an Engineer with solid programming skills in any language. This companies philosophy is that a strong Engineer is not defined by technologies they use; therefore Ruby experience is not necessary. You'll just need to be happy to cross-over to Ruby in you join us. This amazing company will support you with this change.
Benefits: PTO 25 days, 10 sick days, 401 K Roth or traditional match 3%, health (PPO) BC/BS or United Healthcare from day 1 with optional high deductible plan, dental and vision.
Please Note: The Employment Crew is an equal opportunity recruiting company, and nothing in this job posting guarantees employment.
- Coding Theory
- Mongo Db
- Programming Language Theory
- Ruby On Rails
- Scala (Programming Language)