To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
979 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Retail Store Assistant General Manager
Dick Blick Art Materials • San Francisco, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Who we are...
Founded in 1911, Blick Art Materials is in its third generation of family ownership, and is the largest and oldest provider of art supplies in the United States.
At Blick Art Materials, our family owners and dedicated staff support the Visual Art Community by providing the widest selection of art supplies at the lowest prices. With extraordinary service and integrity, we strive to provide artists, educators, students, and our employees with the tools, assistance, and training they need to grow, innovate, and reach their creative potential.
By exhibiting exceptional teamwork, boundless curiosity, and the utmost care, the Assistant General Manager will lead their team to fulfill Blick’s commitment to our customers, the Arts, and our local communities. Responsibilities include,
• Consistently deliver superior customer service by combining sales, product knowledge, and other skills training to exceed customer expectations.
• Exhibit an ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Direct and manage the overall sales and operations of the store.
• Understand and manage the financial well being of the store using the annual budget and monthly Profit & Loss reports.
• Increase sales volume, uphold customer service values, develop and maintain customer and school relationships
• Assist the Store General Manager with the Kit Program including, but not limited to, processing House Account orders, contacting account customers, and maintaining customer relationships.
• Lead and inspire your team during shift management through training, supervision, and performance management. Celebrate wins and coach on opportunities.
• Assist the General Manager in the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training process.
• Complete and utilize the following programs: Blick Onboarding Training, Blick Sales Training, Preferred Customer Program, and Special Orders.
• Assist the General Manager in all personnel matters, including scheduling, the review process, and continual staff performance management
• Oversee all aspects of inventory such as: Vendor Direct and Special Orders, Min/Max Changes, Inventory Adjustments, Weekly Cycle Counts, Store Transfers, RTVs, and shipment processing.
• Maintain company POGs, display and signage compliance, cleanliness standards, and supply orders.
• Pre-Inventory coordination of store including creation of store map, section labeling, pre-count assignments, product bundling, labeling all non-scan product, staff assignments for inventory, completion and transmission of all post inventory count forms.
• Coordinate marketing programs at store level along with ensuring compliance to National Marketing programs.
• Ensure compliance with all Loss Prevention Measures and Blick Policies and Procedures.
• Possesses the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Possesses excellent communication skills.
• Is willing and able to relocate for future opportunities if required.
• Is willing to work a minimum of two nights per work week. Must close Friday and Saturday a minimum of one weekend per accounting period, and a minimum of one Sunday per accounting period.
• Elevates Service Standards
• Builds High Performing Teams
• Champions Core Values
The Assistant General Manager directly and indirectly supervises personnel within their store location, and spends the majority of your working time performing exempt managerial job functions.
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds while using the appropriate lifting techniques and following all safety rules.
• Prolonged walking, standing, and climbing ladders.
• Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
• High School graduate. College preferred, but not required.
• One year of previous retail management experience or one year of employment with Blick.
• Demonstrated superior sales performance throughout career.
• Computer literate, including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.