To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4695 South Atlanta Road Southeast
Atlanta, GA 30339
- Darcy Hodges
- Phone: 404-792-1911, Ext. 237
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Benning Construction Company • Atlanta, GA
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Benning Construction Company is seeking an experienced Commercial Construction Superintendent who has been a Lead Superintendent on at least one ground-up super market (Aldi's, Kroger, Publix, Target, WalMart, Sam's Club, etc.)
Benning Superintendents are required to read and understand plans and specifications, generate and adhere to the construction schedule, inspect the site continuously for progress and compliance with safety and project requirements, and maintain quality control. A qualified Superintendent must have excellent interpersonal skills to motivate the team, including subcontractors and vendors, and to represent Benning professionally to the Owners, Engineers and Architects.
- Supervise the work of trade contractors in several areas of a project
- Enforce high safety standards including a clean job site
- Prepare schedule with the Project Manager, paying attention to the sequence of work and delivery of critical items
- Inspect the quality of work for compliance with design standard and ensure corrective action occurs if/when necessary
- Maintain a safe, secure and healthy work environment by enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Coordinate subcontractor work scopes and scheduling
- Foster the development of Assistant Superintendent and Foreman to grow into future Superintendents
- Professionally represent Benning as primary interface with Owner
- Coordinate and manage general conditions work and project logistics
- Review vendor drawings and submittals
- Prepare and distribute daily reports
- Responsible for the completion of all incomplete items of work (Punch List) in the shortest time possible
- Leave each project complete with quality construction, having met all plans, specifications and contract requirements with a fully satisfied owner
- Must have completed one ground-up super market as Lead Superintendent
- Ability to read and understand how the plans, specifications and general and special conditions affect the overall success of the project
- Advanced understanding and experience with complex site work
- Ability to maintain construction schedules and perform regular updates
- Coordinate jobsite logistics
- Ability and willingness to work weekends when necessary
- Have developed an eye for detail throughout the entire project
- Effective Communication with the Project Team and ability to provide and receive feedback in a manner that fosters success
- Ability to travel throughout the Southeast (AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, VA)
- Maintain a proactive attitude in a team environment
- At least 5+ years of experience as a Commercial Construction Superintendent
BENNING CONSTRUCTION COMPANY PARTICIPATES IN GEORGIA'S DRUG FREE WORK PLACE. QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN.