To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
13181 Harmon Road
Fort Worth, TX 76177
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of Process Improvement & Operations
Net Direct • Fort Worth, TX
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Net Direct Auto Sales is an independently owned and operated, pre-owned dealership that provides the highest quality inventory of lifted trucks, Jeeps and SUVs. What makes Net Direct unique is that we acquire late model vehicles, recondition them using high quality products, and then go above and beyond to provide a one-of-a-kind experience to our customers. Additionally, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture of innovation and continuous improvement and are changing the experience for auto buyers and our employees.
The Director of Process Improvement & Manufacturing Operations is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of two critical divisions of Net Direct. The first is HCR Lifts which is the division that does lift installs, leather and materials handling, wheels, tire mounting and balancing, and alignment. The second is the Make Ready division which is responsible for mechanical work, inspections, paint and body repair, and detailing. In this newly created role, you will lead, guide and direct a team of 40 technicians.
This Director must be an organized, reliable and results-driven professional. They must have a practical mind to solve problems on the spot, partnered with an ability to see the “big picture” and continuously make improvements. As a team lead, you must also have excellent communication and supervisory skills to help ensure maximum team productivity and foster Net Direct’s core values of dedication, integrity, teamwork, quality, transparency, accountability, and continual improvement. The Director of Process Improvement & Operations is accountable for the overall success of HCR Lifts and Make Ready by focusing on these three key areas: Efficiency, Quality and Meeting Goals.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Champion the training, facilitation, and implementation of lean systems and methodology.
- Develop site experts that can support the ongoing deployment of lean processes and Kaizen events.
- Consult and assist in the implementation and maintenance of Lean concepts within, including 5S, Kaizen, Visual Controls, Value Stream Mapping, and other Lean Tools.
- Perform metrics-based decision making, analysis, and prediction of future program performance.
- Plan and implement team building activities and reward programs.
- Analyze, interpret, trend and execute improvements on key metrics.
- Identify systemic performance issues ensuring root-cause analysis and corrective solutions are identified and implemented.
- Interface with management to review continuous Improvement activity and results on a periodic basis.
- Prepare action plans and improvement to specific departments.
- Drive the company-wide continuous improvement effort in inventory velocity, safety, and quality.
- Develop and deploy metrics for monitoring and reporting the progress being made on production with emphasis on meeting production goals with high-level quality and speed.
- Design and lead process improvement events that will positively influence the business operations.
- Develop and monitor expense budget.
- Manage team and vendor resources to ensure production and quality goals are met.
- Coordinate with HR to develop training plans for the team and schedule ongoing training events.
- Develop safety and cleanliness standards of the shop.
- Identify staffing needs in a timely manner and escalate those to HR and senior management.
- Mentor and coach team members on teamwork, accountability, transparency, and process improvement.
- Strong analytical skills in root cause analysis, and corrective / preventive actions
- Coaching and mentoring
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated Project Management skills of group projects
- Problem solving skills evidenced by demonstrated results in past positions
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks
- High-level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office
- Process improvement and/or supply chain methodologies
- Industrial engineering
- Business operations
- Planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 10 years of experience in management roles
- Prior experience in a process improvement and business operations position
- Minimum 7 years of process improvement experience in a manufacturing, aerospace or automotive repair environment