Our client, a boutique social impact private equity fund headquartered in London and founded in 2002, currently invests over $1 billion through multiple strategies of private equity, real estate and social sector funds in the U.K and U.S.
The U.S. Sustainable Growth Fund is one of these investment strategies. It is a lower middle-market private equity fund, providing aligned capital, sector expertise and strategic operational support to management teams within established and growing companies headquartered in the U.S. The fund is seeking a myriad of investments primarily in healthcare, education, environmental and industrial sectors.
In this role you will assist in and manage aspects of the investment analysis process for potential new investments and existing portfolio companies in a fast-paced, lower middle market private equity firm.
This will include researching and calling on new investment opportunities, preparing financial models, conducting industry analysis and due diligence on new investment opportunities, including preparation of internal investment materials.
You will also assist with investment closings and participate in the assessment and monitoring of portfolio investments after closing. The position involves working closely with small deal teams with senior, experienced deal leads and working collaboratively with all levels of the deal team on both new investment opportunities and with portfolio companies to cover the full life-cycle of private equity transactions.
Qualified candidates will be an experienced, self-starter with desire to learn all aspects of private equity investing in a small, fast-paced environment.
Specific skills and experience should include:
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience in private equity, financial due diligence consulting, investment banking, lending or other related field
- Strong accounting and financial statement understanding with direct experience in analytical assessment of cash flow
- Proven skills in: financial modeling, organization of complex financial information, financial component analytics, industry research and analytical writing
- Strong attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment to social or environmental impact that aligns with Bridges’ mission and value
- Exposure to lower middle market private equity
- Industry experience with healthcare, education or environmental services and products
- Exposure to debt structures and cash flow lending
Key Words: Private Equity, Sustainable Growth Fund, Social Impact, Investment Banking, Associate, Analyst, Investment Banking Analyst.