• Assist the routing department with coverage and the transportation supervisor as it relates to operations.
• Serve as the example to other drivers as it relates to work performance and representing MSI’s core values.
• May be asked to conduct customer visits to review delivery/service issues.
• May need to perform routes in emergency situations.
• Review previous day’s routes to identify opportunities of improvement and/or training of drivers.
• Conduct ride-alongs and route observations as well as train new drivers to result in outstanding performance.
• Develop and maintain driver/boom crane training manuals.
• Assist with safety meetings, AM huddles and stretch/flex program.
• Keep drivers informed of current challenges, changes, and new developments within the department and the company by conducting team meetings.
• Assist drivers with pre-routes duties.
• Maintain DOT Log files and vehicle condition reports for all drivers and equipment. Ensure all DOT logs and DVIRs are accurate, complete and compliant.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
• High School Education preferred and 2 plus years’ of verifiable driving experience
• 2 years of verifiable driving experience with heavy duty vehicles.
• Must be able to pass a skilled test (driving test) and all DOT pre-employment requirements.
• Must possess a Valid Class A CDL.
• Boom crane experience.
• Bilingual a plus, but not necessary.
• Ability to work alone and concentrate
• Good spoken and written communication skills
• Knowledge of using iPad/iPhone
• Knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook
This role has the following physical demands:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
• The employee must occasionally lift, pull and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Compensation: Minimum pay starting at $17 per hour, plus weekly overtime and bonuses. Starting hourly rates may be higher based on experience. Annual pay for new hires generally ranges between $45,285 and $57,620 + depending on experience and overtime hours worked.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
• Annual pay increases
• Paid Time Off
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
• Company-paid Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
• Charitable donation matching programs
• Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring, countertop, wall tile, and hardscaping products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of quartz, porcelain, ceramic, LVT, natural stone and glass products imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.