Our client, a leading environmental consulting firm is looking for an experienced Project Accountant to join their rapidly growing organization. The Project Accountant will be responsible for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected. The role works directly with the Controller and CFO, and has amazing room for growth! If you are looking to take the next step in your accounting career, keep reading!
Responsibilities of the Project Accountant will include:
- Set up jobs based on the estimates given by Project Managers and apply change orders as needed (Billing and Cost)
- Process Job Cost invoices with Job Number and Cost Code and submit funding request for wires weekly with backups.
- A/R: Generate client invoices and prepare sales assignment to send to client
- A/P Reconciliation: compare incoming account statements from vendors against accounting system
- Bill out the completed/on-going projects and submit sales assignment documents.
- Coordinate with Project Managers for accuracy of Job Cost reports by making necessary adjustments
- Process filed personnel’s payroll by allocating to appropriate jobs.
- Apply manual payments for the wires transfers and perform accounts reconciliation as needed.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as required and troubleshoot problems/issues as they arise and resolve.
Qualifications of the Project Accountant include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Accounting or related field
- 3+ years accounting experience
- Familiarity with Project Costing Accounting System
- Strong organizational, time management, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced in Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Acrobat, with the ability to format documents
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamic GP (Would be a major plus but not required)
Benefits of working as a Project Accountant for this firm:
- Competitive Salary with bonus
- Great benefits including strong 401k match
- Opportunity to move ahead in a well-established firm with lots of exposure to other areas of the firm