E.J. Prescott, Inc. is a 65 year old, family owned waterworks supply company. We distribute water, wastewater, stormwater, geotextile and erosion control products in 28 locations across nine Northeast states. We are one of the largest independently owned waterworks supply companies in the United States, and pride ourselves on innovation and customer service. Our motto is "Whatever you need. Whenever you need it. No matter what."
E.J. Prescott is accepting applications for an Accounts Payable/General Accounting clerk.
Company hours are from 7AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday. This position will be available to cover either 7AM-4PM or 8AM-5PM, with one hour lunch.
This position provides accounting support for the Home Office. Tasks include (but are not limited to)
- answering phones and responding to customers
- coding, keying and scanning vendor invoices
- researching invoice/PO discrepancies
- processing check runs
- vendor statement follow-up
- reconciling accounts payable month-end to general ledger
- accounts receivable backup
- keying journal entries
- month-end account reconciliation
- assistance with fixed asset management
- rotating front desk coverage for lunch and vacations
- other tasks as they may arise
What do we offer?
- Health Insurance, roughly 80% of premium paid by EJP
- Group rates available for short and long term disability, and life insurance
- 401 (k) plan with employer match, and both Traditional (pre-tax) and Roth investment options
- Paid holidays and vacations
EJ Prescott is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Work requires knowledge of business and accounting practices, including Accounts Payable experience, preferably in an ERP system.
• Must have knowledge of office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment, at a level generally acquired through 1+ years related experience.
• Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and financial software.
•Physical requirements include the ability to read docuements and key data into a computer system. Work can be done while sitting or standing. Must be able to communicate effectively over the phone.