To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kingman, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Star West Generation • Kingman, AZ
Posted 2 months ago
Star West Generation is an innovative independent power producer focused on clean, reliable and efficient power generation serving North American markets.
Reporting to the Assistant Plant Manager, the O&M Technician inspects and services gas and steam turbine generators, HRSG and mechanical and electrical auxiliaries and other plant equipment. We will rely on you to monitor equipment operations through the routine observation, recording and evaluation of data; i.e. pressures, temperature, flows, voltage, etc. located remote to the control room.
- Perform operations on plant equipment and auxiliaries as directed, such as starting, stopping and clearing equipment for work.
- Make routine chemical readings and tests.
- Check cause of mechanical problems and perform minor mechanical maintenance.
- Prepare maintenance requests for equipment needing repair, enter data into Maximo, prepare reports and analyze information as required.
- Perform other duties as directed such as preparing reports, logs and time sheets.
- Will be required to participate in on- or off-the-job training as required.
- Must work both rotating and standard shifts, as required, with periodic shift changes.
- Responsible to the Assistant Plant Manager to ensure compliance with the Environmental Compliance Program and that they have taken all reasonable precautions to prevent incidents of noncompliance by themselves or on the part of others are taken. They shall further be responsible to immediately report to their supervisor any known or suspected violations to the environmental program or any situation they suspect could lead to a violation.
- Responsible to maintain confidentiality of all company information.
- Perform necessary housekeeping functions of the project.
- Perform general housekeeping duties.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities assigned by the Production Manager to this position, but not specifically stated in this description.
- High school education or equivalent and 3 years of work related experience.
- Know the principles of electricity and mechanics and the operating functions of power plant equipment.
- Know the procedures for starting, stopping, controlling and isolating plant equipment during emergencies and for repairs.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of the plant and the equipment.
- Will be required to know first aid practices, plant safety rules and procedures.
- Be mentally and physically capable of responding to and assisting in plant emergencies, such as fighting fires.
- Be able to personally respond to plant emergencies.
- Be physically capable of climbing stairs and ladders.
- Be capable of physically demanding work at heights and with adverse conditions during operations and when participating in fire/emergency activities.
- Be physically capable of entering and working in a confined space.
- Be physically capable of lifting 50 lbs. of weight.
- Eyesight corrected to 20/40 to accurately read and interpret instruments and gauges.
- Be physically capable to pass a respirator physical and respirator fit test.
- Be physically capable to work a rotating shift schedule.
- Be physically capable to hear and understand audible alarms, detect changes in noise levels of rotating equipment, and portable radio communication.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Position will require physical examination and random drug screening.
We offer competitive compensation packages to our employees including a highly competitive annual salary. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, vacation, and 401K plan with a company contribution.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume to:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.