Bilingual Paralegal (Spanish Speaking)
Prestigious San Francisco plaintiff personal injury law firm seeks a litigation paralegal with experience in personal injury/medical malpractice/product liability litigation. Must have a paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved school, some knowledge of medical terminology and records, and expertise in responding to and managing discovery. Bilingual in Spanish is required. Full benefits with a competitive salary offered.
Will work remotely until January when they anticipate rolling back into their Financial District offices. The bulk of the paralegal’s time will be spent in responding to discovery in these types of cases which will also involve interacting with clients and therefore good conversational skills are a must. A background in reviewing medical records proves helpful and summarizing medical bills is necessary.
· a 35 hour work week (9 to 5)
· two weeks’ vacation accrued during your first year, and three weeks of vacation after completion of the second year
· one sick day per month (accruing after 90 days of employment)
· employees are afforded 12 paid holidays
· provide medical and dental coverage for employees, with the option to contribute on your own for dependent coverage; Blue Shield options of an HMO or PPO plan for health
· life insurance in an amount equal to two times annual salary
· short-term and long-term disability insurance, as well as accidental death and dismemberment coverage
· a dependent care plan is available for those wishing to participate
· a Commuter Check program is available, allowing for pre-tax deductions from your salary to offset commute costs; the current monthly maximum allowed is $130.00
· profit-sharing plan and employees are eligible for an employer contribution provided they are employed as of July 1 continue to be employed on the last day of the plan year, and if a minimum of 1,000 hours are worked in the calendar year
· a 40l(k) plan for which employees are eligible after one year of employment; the firm matches 50% of the employee’s first 6% of the elective deferral
Looking for a seasoned paralegal, (3 - 5 years) ideal. Individuals with civil personal injury, wrongful death, product liability, and medical malpractice backgrounds are most sought out. Ideally, candidates would have plaintiffs’ background. Must have a paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved school, some knowledge of medical terminology and records, and expertise in responding to and managing discovery. Bilingual in Spanish is required.
If interested and qualified, please forward resume to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to BILINGUAL PARALEGAL (Spanish Speaking)
Note Job # LSF201001 in the subject line.
Wrongful Death Claim