TAS Commercial Concrete Construction is a leader in the concrete construction industry providing customer satisfaction, quality, production, safety, and integrity since 1980. Our concrete services include light commercial, structural, industrial, tilt wall, turnkey, pour and finish, and pumping in the Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth and Central Texas areas. Our rich history and accomplished portfolio has consistently ranked TAS among ENR Top Concrete Contractors since 1995. TAS is an operating subsidiary of Orion Group Holdings, Inc. (www.oriongroupholdingsinc.com).
At TAS, we provide peace of mind as much as we do concrete services. It's what the company's reputation is built on and how our clients benefit from working with us. Clients who know us best are assured we have the resources and commitment to handle every aspect of the job with their interests in mind. That's why they choose to work with us time and again.
For additional information, go to:www.tasconcrete.com.
About the job:
TAS Commercial Concrete Construction has an immediate opening for a Project Manager in Dallas, Texas. This position is accountable for multiple projects and has primary responsibility and accountability for the financial, schedule, quality and safety objectives for the projects under their supervision. Primary responsibilities include contract administration, scheduling, planning, cost control and coordination with jobsite supervision to ensure that projects are constructed safely in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Coordinates with Superintendent regarding schedule, labor, equipment, subcontractors, material suppliers and construction means and methods to achieve efficiency and cost effectiveness. The Project Manager is also responsible for building effective relationships and problem solving with the project team members, general contractors, subcontractors and vendors. This position is office based. Successful candidates must display exceptional written and oral communication skills. Additionally, qualified candidates will need high level of analytical ability for project efficiency.
- Insures that the project is performed safely while meeting the budget, schedule, quality standards and design specifications.
- Insures that materials are ordered, and quantities maintained in a timely manner.
- Completes project billings in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with Project superintendent managing labor, equipment, subcontractors, and material suppliers.
- Manages pre-job planning and is responsible to organize pre-job turnover & planning meetings.
- Creates and maintains project schedule; plans, monitors and reviews critical path dates and milestone schedules.
- Acts as an interface between the company and the general contractor.
- Establishes project budgets based on company policy
- Maintains Quality Control on assigned project
- Coordinates with the project superintendent the activities of subs and suppliers
- Manages change orders and RFPs.
- Prepares Subcontracts and Purchase Orders with appropriate support and oversight.
- Ensures that foremen and superintendents understand all subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Is responsible for all written submittals, project reviews and problem resolution with the general contractor, subcontractors & suppliers.
- Maintains a positive professional working relationship with general contractors, subcontractors and vendors
- Proactively identifies cost and schedule related issues to the Superintendent and Operations Manager.
- Verifies and approves invoices from vendors.
- Provides job progress reports.
- Performs job close-out and furnishes final cost and labor productions to estimating department.
- Provides assistance to the estimating department as needed
- Manages and trains Project Engineers assigned to the project.
- Responsible and accountable for incumbent’s own personal safety.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of all co-workers and any others incumbent encounters.
- Authorized and obligated to stop work on any task or series of tasks whenever an unsafe condition or situation is anticipated or is observed.
- Complies with all applicable laws, regulations and Company policies and procedures, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Reports violations of applicable laws, regulations or Company policies and procedures promptly, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Performs other related administrative and technical duties that may be assigned or requested by immediate supervision (such as certification training, safety training, procedure review, etc.).
- All employees, current and former, must maintain confidentiality by not disclosing to others any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information belonging to the Company.
A minimum (5) years of experience is required. BS Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management required or related discipline and field experience in light commercial concrete construction, or equivalent work experience required. Knowledge of Project Management, Scheduling & Experience in estimating.
The incumbent must have:
- A relatively high level of analytical ability for project efficiency.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with others.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and HCSS
- Ability to perform in high-stress situations.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership.
The Company expects and requires incumbent and each of its other employees to observe and fulfill the above and all other safety responsibilities and actively work toward maintaining a safe workplace. Failure to do so can result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Compensation & Benefits:
An excellent compensation and benefits package is offered. Benefit plans include:
- Prescription Drugs
- Basic Life & AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off, Holidays, Jury Duty or Bereavement Leave
- Career Growth & Development
Qualified applicants should apply directly to Email blocked - click to apply
By submitting your resume and/or employment application, you agree for TAS Commercial Concrete to contact you regarding employment opportunities via phone, email, text and social media.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), age, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Complex Problem Solving