· Supervises and directs the QA department to support manufacturing of complex components and products (e.g. machining, multi-assembly lines) to meet production schedules and meet or exceed quality requirements.
· Trains, guides, and motivates assigned personnel to assure departmental competence and productivity.
· Maintains efficiency and utilization throughout department to meet required schedules.
· Maintains positive employee and management relations within the guidelines of company policy.
· Maintains departmental adherence to high standards of safety and housekeeping in compliance with company policies, governmental regulations and existing labor agreements.
· Monitors results to assure achievement of departmental objectives; initiates remedial action on unfavorable variances.
· Directs all related personnel actions (selection, training, performance reviews, discipline, etc.) of production employees.
· Holds regular safety meetings and requires that safety devices be used at all times by personnel.
· Define and manage hourly inspector’s daily activities that support plant quality program.
· Provide quality assurance support and input to production, manufacturing engineering, service parts, purchasing, suppliers and product engineering programs.
· Champion/facilitate the necessary actions to contain, resolve and prevent quality failures as they occur within the daily manufacturing process. This requires ensuring robust containment actions are taken whenever quality issues are identified to ensure that defective product is purged throughout the manufacturing system and any whole goods that are affected are quarantined.
· Support the development and implementation of the necessary procedures and shop floor standards. The use of statistical techniques, capability analysis and the correct application of various gauging technologies will be essential.
· Coordinate plant receiving inspection activities and update part Incoming Inspection plan.
· Special projects and assignments.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
· Supervisory experience in a manufacturing or QA environment.
· Ability to read and understand production blueprints and have a strong mechanical background and aptitude.
· Demonstrated ability to use a PC, excellent written and verbal communication interpersonal skills, and good analytical and problem solving skills.
· A substantial amount of independent thinking is required.
· Professional certification: CQE, CQA preferred
· 2+ years Agricultural / Construction experience
· 3 + years experience in fabrication /Assembly shop floor activity
Product Quality Assurance
Certified Quality Auditor
Certified Quality Engineer