To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bartlesville, OK
- Phone: 843-815-9111
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Principal Process Engineer
The River Group Inc. • Bartlesville, OK
Posted 5 days ago
Position: Principal Process Engineer
Location: Bartlesville, OK Area
Compensation: Base Salary and Bonus Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance, Relocation and Retirement Package
POSITION SUMMARY: The Principal Process Engineer will perform all functions of a Process Engineer, as well as the following:
- The Principal Process Engineer will be accountable for selected process area support.
- With limited supervision, manage one or more special projects that will affect the day to day operation and long-term profitability of the refinery.
- Will be able to provide PFD updates, process modeling, and
process safety/MOC/HAZOP/PSV evaluation.
- Will interface with outside consultants and venders.
- Will also provide mentoring to entry level Process Engineers.
- Provide Technical Support for Plant Operations
- May be assigned to a specific unit(s) within the Refinery with responsibilities of daily monitoring and troubleshooting of the area(s), process optimization, design and development of capital projects
- Level of supervision will depend on the complexity of projects
- Mentor and, at times, provide supervision to engineers and technicians in the refinery
- Propose new work procedures that will impact efficiency and effectiveness
- Assist the group in development of Key Process Indicators and other process monitoring tools
- Help prioritize group projects and activities and coordinate with overall refinery needs
- Assist with the group interaction with other Refinery groups (Safety, Environmental, Operations, Controls, Economics and Purchasing), including identification of key compliance requirements and product specifications
- Assist with the group interaction with outside vendors, contract process engineering services, and Industry Groups
- Develop or assist in individual equipment specifications and provide recommendations on technology and bid selection
- Within his/her sphere of responsibility, insure drawing reviews and specific Management of Change Orders (MOC) are reviewed on a timely basis
- Participate in equipment inspections, process safety reviews and process hazard analysis
- Participate in refinery turnarounds, including any required 24-hour shift coverage and support for individual process callout requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering required
- Minimum of 15 years engineering experience required
- Minimum of 10 years of combined refinery process engineering and refinery operations experience required. This experience must include a broad range of process unit technologies
- Strong computer skills with Excel and Word
- Knowledge and skills with process simulation software, such as PRO-II, HYSYS or PROMAX
- Experience with capital and operating cost estimating and economic analysis
- Strong mathematical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills with the ability to create/edit P&ID's and PFDs
About The River Group
Resumes presented to The River Group are never submitted to a client company unless the candidate authorizes the submission of the resume and agrees to become a candidate for the position.
After your resume is submitted to the company you will be assisted in every way possible throughout the recruiting process, including preparation for the telephone and personal interview, gathering references, evaluating offers and managing the negotiations