Manage operations in Housekeeping, Front Desk & Concierge/Bellman to ensure quality service and standards while delivering a guest experience that is unique. Directly supervise the Front Office Manager and the Executive Housekeeper. Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations concerning health, safety, or other requirements. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Adjust the operating budget for each of the department’s revenue outlets. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on room rate, guest service scores and labor cost.
· Assure that effective orientation and training for new staff and develop activities for experienced staff.
· Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
· Ensures that all legal requirements are consistently adhered to including wage & labor laws and federal, state & local laws pertaining to room safety & sanitation.
· Approves all product invoices before submitting to accounting department and maintains department expense budget.
· Greet guests and oversee all aspects of customer service.
· Addresses member and guest complaints and advises the General Manager about appropriate corrective actions taken.
· Participates in Manager on Duty Program & responsible for monthly scheduling.
· Work with accounting department to ensure guest billing accurate.
· Work with accounting department to understand job responsibilities and tasks including end of the month responsibilities
· Work closely with all departments of the hotel to ensure group and guest satisfaction.
· Attends all Revenue Management Meetings.
· Manage the hotel website and content to ensure 100% accuracy.
· Complete random room inspections with the Executive Housekeeper
· Involved in Quality Inspection with IHG.
· Experience in Housekeeping and Front Desk supervisory position is required.
· Must be guest focused while being creative and able to problem solve during challenging times.
· Must be able to multitask and make difficult decisions on the spur of the moment.
· Experience with Opera or other computer systems is a must.
· Guest relation skills are required.
· Previous experience working with budgets and P&L is ideal but not required
· Must have valid driver’s license and current insurance.
· A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Hospitality is required.
· Must speak fluent English and bi-lingual in Spanish is a huge plus.
· Must have reliable transportation.
· Must be able to obtain a liquor license.