To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Springfield, MA
- Bob McInturff
- Phone: 508-653-4050
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Production Control Manager
Van Grace Associates • Springfield, MA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client is a leading manufacturer of fastening products and technologies for the commercial roofing and other construction industries worldwide.
They need an Operations Planning Manager who can deliver high quality products to customers on time that is critical to their success. Operations builds the path for products from raw material through distribution, with an end goal of meeting delivery needs as efficiently and cost effectively as possible. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
● Promote Safety as the Number One Priority of all employees.
● Support the design and implementation of Operations strategic plans.
● Drive production planning process: achieve production, quality and cost goals.
● Promote the use of lean tools to achieve efficient and cost effective production, promoting communication, shared learning, creative problem solving and team accountability.
● Develop and implement process to regularly review demand and forecast disruptions that might impact continuity, including equipment changes and new product introductions.
● Drive team to develop and implement process to manage external vendor needs, including review of SQDIP performance during qualification and ongoing performance.
● Identify and track key performance indicators for success of flow by product line
● Achieve consensus, impacting performance thru relationship management and communication.
● Develop team to achieve goals utilizing strong development and on-the-job learning opportunities.
● Tie company goals to individual performance to increase accountability and share success.
Requirements for Operations Planning Manager
● Bachelor's degree required
● 10+ years' success driving targeted production results in a leadership role.
● Demonstrated success utilizing lean tools to achieve efficiency and cost improvement goals.
● Production planning strengths and execution tools, including success managing Kanban.
● Develop leadership bench using company talent management tools and programs.
● Strong interpersonal skills, seasoned judgment and "hands on" leadership style.
● Capable of overcoming obstacles and completing assignments in a timely manner.
● Ability to motivate individuals and teams to perform at high levels to meet or exceed goals.
● Strong PC skills with MS Office Suite and enterprise resourcing planning tools (QAD preferred).
● Strong communication skills that result in clear understanding of intended meaning.
● Positive attitude, good judgement and excellent time management skills.
● Strong sense of responsibility and ownership.