Currently seeking an experienced Brazer for a full time, temporary to possible permanent position in Mansfield, MA. This is a great opportunity to join a well established company!
Benefits include an exceptional health insurance plan, paid time off including vacation time and holidays, generous sick time, and 401K with match. Other benefits such as Life Insurance, STD, LTD are available at no cost and a very good dental plan is available as well
Responsibilities of the Brazer:
- Braze components together to assemble metal parts as specified by work order or blueprints
- Assemble simple electrical wiring circuit, controls and recording vices.
- Cut, bend, swage and debur tubing utilizing schematics, technical manuals and other specifications
- Assemble, mount and adjust compressors, condensers, oil separators, expansion tanks and other components in specified locations
- Select torch tip, flux and brazing alloy from data charts or work order
- Guide torch and rod along joint or seam of work pieces to heat to brazing temperature and melt braze alloy to bond work pieces together
- Clean joints of work pieces, using wire brush or by cleaning solution
- Examine product for defects, utilizing knowledge of manufacturing and quality standards, to ensure conformance to product specifications
- Observe and adhere to all safety rules and practices.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean, orderly, hazard-free condition, reporting all defective equipment or hazardous conditions.
- Perform other related duties as required by management.
Qualifications of the Brazer:
- High School / Trade School education, 6 to 12 months of related experience
- Basic proficiency in the use of schematics, blueprints and piping diagrams
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong mathematical skills; a course in Shop Trigonometry a real plus.
- Ability to learn the use of a variety of assembly equipment, brazing equipment, test equipment and hand tools
- Must have good computer skills
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must be familiar in the use and calibration of hand tools and instruments for measuring, height gauges.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds as needed
Salary for the Brazer is up to $16-18/hour based on qualifications
It is the policy of The Alpha Group, Inc. to recruit, hire, train, compensate, promote, and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
Brazing (Metal Work)