GDT is a 22-year-old, award-winning, multi-vendor, IT Solutions Provider. We are the sixth largest Cisco Partner in North America and an HPE Platinum Re-seller. We partner with over 200 vendors including Dell EMC, VMware, Pure, and F5 to provide our clients with best-of-breed solutions.
Headquartered in Dallas, TX at the modern and eco-friendly GDT Innovation Campus with over 700 employees, GDT manages from its state-of-the-art Network and Security Operations Centers the networks and security solutions for many of the world’s largest enterprises, service providers and government agencies.
GDT – General Datatech has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join our small, yet dynamic, Accounting department. In this role, you will take ownership of month-end close for both Global and Domestic divisions, as well as Financials reporting and analysis, and special projects. You will work closely with others on this cross-functional team with the end goal of providing excellent customer service to our valued clients.
GDT values engagement and innovation from our team members and provides a work environment where talented professionals can excel. GDT is a fun, high-energy, high-tech company. It’s a great place to be for talented, self-starters, who thrive in a fast-paced team environment. This is a full-time opportunity based out of our Dallas office.
· Assist with the month end close process for both Domestic and Global entities
· Perform Currency Translation and Consolidation of Financial Statements.
· Provide project-based process improvement and analytics support
· Prepare reporting package (P&L and KPI’s) for upper management.
· Design and deploy metrics and reports that provide business oversight to leadership.
· Assist with Statutory compliance and reporting for the Global entities
· Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations
· Prepare and post journal entries based on reviews and analysis of financial data.
· Preparation of information in support of financial and tax audits for both domestic and global entities
· Assist in the completion of special projects
· Perform related duties and special projects as assigned, such as data entry and testing as we migrate accounting systems
· Financial Analysis and reporting experience required
· Experienced in accounting close and consolidation processes is required
· Research and reconciliation skills required
· Intermediate to advanced proficiency with MS Excel and Microsoft Office Suite required
· SAP experience required; experience with the FICO module desired
· Experience with accounting for foreign currencies is preferred
· Experience with full cycle accounting for a division desired.
· Experience with Full Cycle Accounts Receivables and/or Accounts Payable is desired
· Strong attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills required
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while working from a shared email inbox
· Must be able to work well with individuals at all levels inside and outside of the organization
· Strong communications skills (written and verbal) as you will be interacting with customers via phone and email on a daily basis
· Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
· Team player who thrives in a small, cross-functional team work environment
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting Required; path to CPA desired
· Sales operations experience would be helpful in this role
Standard Accounting Practices