To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2502 East Huntington Drive
Duarte, CA 91010
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Parent Partner - Wraparound - Mental Health
Maryvale • Duarte, CA
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
An integral member of the Child and Family Team, the primary role of the Parent Partner is to provide active, hands-on “peer” support to parents of youth/young adults receiving services within the Wraparound Approach Services Program. This position is responsible for providing guidance and support to families/caregivers in a variety of environments within the greater San Gabriel Valley. This position works independently in the family’s home and in a variety of community and/or treatment settings serves as a liaison for parent involvement, and co-facilitates parent-support groups.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Under supervision of the Wraparound Program Manager, the Parent Partner will work with client’s caregiver to implement the Plan of Care goals, which are family-centered, community-oriented, strength-based, culturally sensitive and highly individualized. Parent Partners are responsible for representing the interest and concerns of caregivers participating in the Wraparound Approach Program through Maryvale’s Family Resource Center in Duarte.
1. Promote and support the attitudes, behaviors, knowledge and skills necessary to work respectfully and effectively with each other as well as demonstrate the ability to address the needs of the children and families Maryvale serves.
2. Provides support to caregivers as they learn and practice needed social skills in the home and community per the clients Plan of Care.
3. Provide and coordinate services to families that maintain and strengthen the relationship between client and family.
4. Mentor families in communication skills, anger management, problem solving, stress management, appropriate discipline, self-care, and other life skills.
5. Work with the Child and Family Team to create, personalize and update the Service Plan.
6. Attends Child and Family Team Meeting and other program related, client related meetings as assigned.
7. Utilizing interventions in the field while working with caregivers, providing services as outlined in the Plan of Care, including termination plans as assigned by the Wraparound Approach Child and Family Team.
8. Assist families in contacting specific services and utilizing community resources as identified in the Plan of Care.
9. Maintain a cooperative and effective working relationship with the Child and Family Team members to provide maximum support to the family.
10. Participating in all needed appointments for the clients and families (school, DCFS, court, medical, psychiatric, etc.).
11. Responsible for administering and completing requirement documentation and outcome measures as applicable.
12. Participates in identifying client’s needs and triggers within a strength based model to escalation and barriers’ makes recommendations for action to supervisors and treatment team.
13. As a member of the Child and Family Team, will work closely and collaboratively with the other team members to ensure continuity of care is being provided toward ensuring their Plan of Care and/or applicable Crisis Safety Plan for families are being adhered to.
14. He/She is well versed in and is able to communicate to others the Wraparound philosophy, principles and process.
15. Completes DMH/DCFS required documentation within agency contract meeting expected timelines and agency standard of practices.
16. Trained and/or familiar with Trauma Informed Care Approach of treatment.
17. Will become familiar with “Ten Principles of Wraparound” and the “Phases and Activities of the Wraparound Process” that the Child and Family Teams will work within.
18. Attends internal and external multidisciplinary case review meetings.
19. Attends FRC and/or Wraparound Approach Program Department meetings, in-service trainings, and supervision
20. 24/7 on call.
21. Will attend and participate in agency wide meetings and events as scheduled.
22. Perform other duties as requested.
1. Must have personal life experience as a parent or caregiver of at-risk child(ren).
2. Bi-Lingual in Spanish required.
3. High School Diploma, General Equivalency Degree or higher.
4. Ability to be flexible and work in a changing environment.
5. Experience working with families/children involved with the juvenile justice system, dependency court system, child welfare system.
6. Demonstrated experience and ability to relate to a culturally diverse clientele and professional colleagues.
7. Will need to utilize their car in the event an agency vehicle is unavailable.
8. Pre-employment physical exam and criminal and OIG background clearance.
9. Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
10. Ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary treatment team.
11. Experience in utilizing an electronic health record system a plus.
12. Excellent communication and written skills.
13. Familiar with Windows operations system, MS WORD, EXCEL, email, etc.
14. Good time management and organizational skills.SCHEDULE EXPECTATIONS:
1. Flexible hours dependent upon client needs and caseload.
2. A minimum of one (1) late night (after 6P) is required a week.
3. 24/7 on-call.