To support our Supply Chain Division, we are seeking an exempt-level Director of Merchandising who enjoys bringing to work an entrepreneurial spirit to identify, develop and grow business opportunities.
What You’ll Do
Supports the Vice President, Merchandising, with leading, driving, and managing Non-food Division leaders and Category teams to achieve business goals. Responsible for all aspects of merchandising operations; coaching and mentoring staff; providing industry context; encouraging new ideas; and guiding delivery of assortments that create excitement in our customers. Ensures merchandising efforts align to short and long- term Merchandising, Inventory, Brand, and Marketing strategies through effective communication, training, and performance analysis.
• Fosters, values, and rewards a team oriented, performance driven, and customer-focused culture.
• Teaches merchandising fundamentals and advanced concepts to continually elevate merchandising competencies.
• Develops budgets and provides financial oversight of merchandising expense.
• Drives all merchandising-owned Seasonal Planning Calendar milestones and deliverables.
• Establishes merchandising standard operation procedures (SOP’s), and key deliverable templates.
• Evaluates existing merchandising practices and presents recommendations for approval to improve outcomes and achieve operational efficiencies.
• Understands all facets of Supply Chain reporting and guides Merchandising team in reviewing and interpreting crucial data.
• Applies understanding of historical performance, industry competitors, and multi-channel merchandising to make recommendations for assortment and pricing strategies to VP, Merchandising and Brand Management teams.
• Advises Merchandising teams and other business partners on ways to maximize financial results in both print and digital channels.
• Evaluates seasonal assortment plans and provides guidance to Merchandising teams on category goals, price points, product mix, QA issues, vendor performance, etc.
What It Takes
You must have experience in the supply chain merchandise businesses: Direct Mail Order, Retail or Internet Sales. We’re looking for someone with strong verbal and numerical reasoning skills with Merchandise Management experience. Ideally you will have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, with Sales and Marketing or a related discipline. In addition, we are looking for:
• 8+ years product merchandising in a multi-brand and multi-channel environment.
• Ability to understand financial reporting and manage all aspects of merchandising/selling products.
• 8+ years of Strong Merchandising, Marketing, Financial and General Business knowledge.
• A strong aptitude to research and analyze business opportunities.
• The ability to work with multiple cross functional partners.
• The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities/tasks. Lead complex, multi-department projects to optimal completion.
• A demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve positive results through others.