Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges, and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential. When you join Kerr, you become part of a team motivated to provide innovative and excellent programs, services, and care.
We're seeking a Director of Accounting to lead our Accounting team! As the Director of Accounting, you will oversee the daily management and operations of our Accounting and Finance functions including payroll, accounts payable, reporting, client financial management, cash/treasury management, and financial audits. You’ll be responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls for company assets and ensuring all financial reporting is in compliance with policies and US GAAP. Our ideal candidate will excel in operational discipline – ensuring all reconciliations are complete and reporting is accurate and timely.
If you’re looking for a meaningful and impactful career at a large, non-profit agency, you’ll love working at Kerr!
- 7-10 years of experience in accounting with progressively responsible duties including general ledger maintenance, fund accounting and budgeting/forecasting
- CPA licensure required
- Prior management experience required
- Proven success in closing books and leading audits
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Experience with Blackbaud is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams
- Excellent communication skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
Apply online at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director of Accounting!
The nature of the services we provide prevents us from allowing in-person applications or inquiries. Albertina Kerr maintains a drug-free workplace. Albertina Kerr Centers is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, age, or other factors protected by law. Individuals with disabilities can request accommodation in the application and employment process by contacting
- Oversees the general accounting function, which includes inter-fund accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, and balance sheet management.
- Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules.
- Direct and oversee timely internal financial reporting on a monthly and as needed basis.
- Direct and oversee the agency outgoing payments through the Payments Manager who oversees the accounts payable and payroll functions.
- Ensure that policies and procedures (internal controls) are implemented consistently and accurately to provide reasonable assurance that company assets are protected and identify policy and process concerns and work with program and senior management towards resolution.
- Ensures that company financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly/yearly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Ensures that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies and directives and US GAAP reporting requirements.
- Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
- Will have direct management responsibility of the following: General Ledger Accounts, Cash Management/Treasury, Client Fiduciary Accounts, Payments Manager (A/P & Payroll)
Standard Accounting Practices