The Practice Manager oversees the overall success of the clinic(s) through utilization management and daily business operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the management of all clinic administrative personnel (excluding physicians and mid-level providers). This includes participation in the hiring, salary consideration, performance evaluations, staff scheduling, and clarification of time sheets and approval of PTO for clinic staff. Involvement in coaching, mentoring and delivery of disciplinary action where needed.
- Participates in budget process for clinic spending (i.e. front office supplies, clinical supplies, salaries, etc.).
· Orders supplies, medications, laboratory and x-ray equipment when needed.
· Establishes a patient-focused team relationship with employees and providers to ensure quality patient care.
· Represents the organization by displaying a respectful and caring manner with patients and their families. Independently problem solves and utilizes resources to obtain patient information when patient is unable to communicate. Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Oversees non-provider staff proper charting for patient medical charts and patient billing.
· Develops and maintains flow process for clinic sites and integrates activities with various corporate departments to achieve optimum efficiency in clinic development. This includes developing and implementing written Policy/Procedures Manuals for clinic operations for both front office and clinical personnel, including corporate procedures, policies and updates.
· Ensures staff completes all aspects of the new hire orientation.
- Coordinates with Billing to correct all patient accounts (i.e. adjustments, bad debt write off, refilling of insurance carriers, etc.).
· Provides copies of medical records to patients, families and healthcare entities as appropriate
· Ensures that all bank deposits are made in a timely manner.
· Completes and verifies requisitions for payment on Petty Cash, employee expense reports, postage meters, etc.
- Provides general support to all staff.
- Conducts periodic audits of petty cash/cash drawer and report finding to the accounting department.
· Responds to all patient complaints and when appropriate advises Director of Operations or Medical Director.
· Ensures clinic operations comply with applicable laws and regulations. This includes remaining current on OSHA, CLIA, COLA, and AHCA regulations, and insurance regulations and clinic facility compliance with ADA regulations.
· Reviews statistical reports on clinic operations with Director of Operations or Medical Director, and staff.
· Serves as liaison between clinics, hospitals, corporate departments and insurance companies.
· Completes special projects as assigned by Director of Operations or Medical Director.
· Conducts workshops for clinic personnel on company policies/procedures, CLIA/OSHA mandates, clinic procedures, etc., as needed.
· Responsible for ensuring business continuity including backfilling for unplanned absences and finding replacements for absent employees including performing said functions if available. (i.e., Medical Assistant, Office Personnel).
· Responsible for payroll submission and edits in Kronos payroll system. Submits payroll in a timely manner and works with the TH Payroll Department to ensure accurate payroll submissions.
· Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Operations or Medical Director as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two (2) - three (3) years of experience in a medical management/clinical office setting;
- Prior healthcare management experience required.
- Bachelor degree in business or management preferred;
- Associates degree in medical office, business or management a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to triage patient problems appropriately, seeking guidance as needed
- Patient assessment skills
· High degree of verbal communication and interpersonal skills to determine needs, provide information, instruct, and provide emotional support
- Ability to manage and direct others;
- Ability to address and resolve conflict in a professional manner;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality;
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written);
- Good computer skills (word-processing, spreadsheet, and database management);
- Ability to work in fast-paced corporate environment;
- Excellent decision making and judgment skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Ability to be flexible
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed to meet operational needs