Strom Engineering Minnesota is seeking to staff Machine Operator positions with an excellent Minnesota company located in the western suburbs of Minneapolis, MN. This position is responsible for setting up, operating, loading and unloading various machines/equipment to manufacture metal products in accordance with product specifications. Positions are available for 1st, 2nd and Weekend shifts. Wage is $15.00-$20.00/hour depending upon shift and qualifications.
Essential Job Functions
The job duties listed below are the fundamental job duties of this position. Failure to perform any one of these duties would substantially alter the nature of the position.
· Operate 1-7 level I machines; Simple set up routine required
· Generally close tolerance work where dimensional and finish requirements are not difficult to maintain due to nature of tooling and machine setups
· Notify supervisor or lead machine operator of defective materials and machine malfunctions
· Work is usually repetitive and subject to process inspection
· May be required to use gauges to check work
· Load and feed metal stock and other materials into manual or automatic machines
· Verify end parts are consistent with blue print specifications
· Accurately label all parts for routing to next operation
· Monitor the production board and internal paperwork to perform tasks in the designated sequence
· Perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required
- Ensure use of safe work procedures and wear all required PPE.
- Perform work at the appropriate pace to maintain quality and productivity requirements
- Follow company policies in relation to safety, cleanliness, attendance etc.
· High school diploma or equivalent
- Skill of effective and appropriate verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints
· Ability to perform basic shop math functions
· Ability to use various measuring devices; tape measures, squares, and calipers
· Ability to work under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods
· Set up and safe operations of equipment
· Accurate allocation of part and time quantities
Tools/ Equipment Used
· Fork Lift, hoist/crane and other handling equipment
· Multiple torches, brake presses, drills, and other various machines
· Tape measure and other measuring tools
· Various hand tools associated with task
· Manufacturing equipment