Our direct client located in Dallas, TX has an immediate opening for a Sr. Network Engineer.
***This is a 12+ month Contract to Hire opportunity***
- Serve as the expert in all networking aspects as well as overseeing network team
- Lead network design and lead network installations as well as directing troubleshooting and service outages
- Create services and strategies for cross network back up and disaster recovery data and provide traffic and costing analysis for a balanced network at predictable service levels
- Maintain the integrity of the network boundaries setting up firewalls (ASA), IDS/IPS protections and fail safe mechanisms against hackers and unauthorized users
- Formulate system performance metrics, train and advise technical engineering and network operators working on the network of connectivity to trading partners
- Engineer and troubleshoot site core routing and switching networks including wifi base communications
- Create a map of the entire network and remote site connectivity and to diagram the hardware used in the topology of the design
- Work with key network and implementation vendors and services to determines the best fit for the company’s network service’s needs
- Lead in network capacity planning, tuning, and datacenter network infrastructure defining standards for the network & security.
- Lead & architect strategic initiatives to address Cloud architecture design, data center Layer 2/3 network services, DR/BC, data backup/restore and others Network managers
- Design network and lead network installations as well as directing troubleshooting and service outages
- Provide status information that show the health of the network and events such as outages or other problems
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- 10 years network engineering and management experience
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience of managing and maintaining large-scale, highly available, Internet facing networks
- Extensive previous experience in the following areas - Cisco, firewalls, load balancers, gateways, data and voice convergence, video services, application network protocols and accelerators, wireless technologies, supplier management carriers and service providers.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting multi-tier Internet applications platforms, particularly for web applications and streaming
- Experience with a broad range of network hardware, software
- Deep understanding of network protocols (EIGRP, OSPF and BGP), and their applications and characteristic behaviors
- Experience implementing pragmatic network security and audit
- Current, industry recognized, advanced certification, or equivalent
- Good understanding of network configuration and troubleshooting on a range of server Operating systems
- Experience of working with application and network layer cryptography and virtualization
- Competency scripting and tools and their application to network engineering, monitoring, automation, and troubleshooting
- Cisco Certified (CCENT OR CCNA) is a plus but not required
Network Planning And Design
Wide Area Networks
Local Area Networks
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Formed in 1994, MCG was founded with the desire to do business in a straight forward fashion, resulting in client satisfaction and consultant opportunities. If we achieve that, we will be a success.
View the full profile
Flexibility has always been one of our strengths. We continue to stretch and grow as our industry evolves. Whether you need HR outsourcing or a CIO to take your company to the next level, MCG can assist you. We endeavor to find new ways to be of value to our clients. At MCG, creativity is welcomed and encouraged, as innovative solutions are the key to our clients continued success.
Our proven track record of success includes aiding organizations of all sizes in meeting business objectives, from cost savings initiatives to process automation to new systems implementations and end-user training. Our national recruiting reach allows us to manage your workforce needs from coast to coast.