The Human Resources Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Human Resources Assistant in the New York office. The Assistant will assist with onboarding, HRIS and staff recruiting functions, support internal HR related initiatives, assist with staff evaluations and perform general administrative tasks within the HR department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting with onboarding functions to include drafting orientation schedules, preparing orientation packets, scheduling conference rooms, registering new hires with the building, giving Firm tours and being a resource to new hires.
• Supporting the HRIS systems to include data entry and general maintenance.
• Assisting with staff recruiting to include, greeting candidates, ensuring the conference rooms are set up correctly and assisting with job fairs.
• Assisting with Firm Events to include Staff Appreciation Week, Service Awards, special events, and other ad hoc programs.
• Liaising with other HR related departments on Firm initiatives, including compliance, heath/wellness benefits, etc.
• Assisting with staff evaluations to include maintaining schedules, inputting data and running reports.
• Assisting with general administrative tasks and participating in projects as needed.
• College degree or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of one year of office experience. Law firm experience is a plus.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks, with a sense of urgency, while maintaining high attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent organization and communication skills in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.
• Strong client service skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel.
• Flexibility to work additional hours, as needed.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our Firm's equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Maintaining employee files and accurate employee records
- Prepare new hire employee files and orientation packets
- Assemble new hire and new employee orientation
- Maintain employee human resources files, records, and information
- Completing filing of employee documentation in employee files
- Initiating new employee background checks
- Support the human resources manager with all campus human resources functions
- Provide administrative support for human resources
- Maintain various human resources, employment and benefits related files
- Maintain accurate current employee confidential information in employee files
- Create employees files and maintain confidential employee personnel records
- Prepare new employee benefit files and packets for weekly new employee benefits meeting
- Perform human resources and administrative tasks
- Manage employee files in WD
- Maintain applicant paperwork and employee files
- Maintaining of employee benefit files & updating of employee payroll records
- Schedule new employee orientation, exit interviews
- Maintain employee personnel and benefit files
- Organize employee payroll data for processing
- Supporting the administration and employee human resources compliance requirements